Digital Public Health Editor
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Digital Content & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Planned Parenthood Digital Content and Campaigns team carries out Planned Parenthood’s strategy to develop and promote content and campaigns across all Planned Parenthood digital platforms. The Digital Content and Campaigns team connects people with the online information, tools, and services they need to realize their fullest potential for themselves, their families and their communities so that together, we can educate, mobilize, and fight for a more equitable and just world.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Digital Public Health Editor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write original content for www.plannedparenthood.org and various social media channels.
- Write and edit copy for video scripts and Planned Parenthood health apps.
- Edit content onwww.plannedparenthood.org and social media properties for medical accuracy, institutional accuracy, health literacy, and tone.
- Help guide the voice in written content for relevant digital health properties.
- Answer health questions from visitors to www.plannedparenthood.org, the Planned Parenthood Tumblr site, and other public-facing digital properties.
- Pitch content ideas across digital platforms.
- Manage partnerships with and create content for external organizations seeking health content.
- Collaborate with the Education Division to ensure information on digital properties is up to date and accurate.
- Incorporate SEO into written content.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred).
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency with CMS.
- Writing and editing for a range of audiences seeking health information.
- Familiarity with various online audiences, and creating digital content that is inclusive and culturally competent.
- Extensive knowledge of public health topics.
- Experience facilitating in-person sex education workshops with pre-teens, teens, and adults.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Experience working within digital content management systems.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and a sensitivity to cultural differences is required.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.