Vice President, IT Infrastructure & Operations
New York, NY /
Office of the Chief Information Officer (COO) – Information Technology /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading provider and advocate of high-quality, affordable sexual and reproductive health care for all people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With more than 600 health centers across the country, Planned Parenthood organizations serve all patients with care and compassion, with respect, and without judgment, striving to create equitable access to health care. Through health centers, programs in schools and communities, and online resources, Planned Parenthood is a trusted source of reliable education and information that allows people to make informed health decisions. We do all this because we care passionately about helping people lead healthier lives.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports the independently incorporated Planned Parenthood affiliates operating health centers across the U.S. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit membership organization formed as the advocacy and political arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. The Action Fund engages in educational, advocacy, and electoral activity, including grassroots organizing, legislative advocacy, and voter education.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seek a transformational, experienced and dynamic leader for the Vice President, Information Technology Infrastructure and Operations. This leadership position reports to the Chief Information Officer in the IT Department of PPFA. This domain provides overall leadership and management of all IT infrastructure and operational capabilities for PPFA. Additionally, drives the Infrastructure strategy and planning for the organization, ensuring strategic goals are in alignment with the overall PPFA goals. Importantly, ensures the stability and the proper functioning of PPFA’s Information Technology platforms, meeting our defined service level performance/availability agreements (99.999% availability level).
● Leads IT Infrastructure and Operations strategy, developing new capabilities and maturing existing processes and ways of working to build a high performing team and improve maturity level across the IT domain.
● Responsible for end-to-end National Office tech infrastructure (infrastructure includes but not limited to: DevOps and IT Ops Infrastructure environments for data, engineering, network, business applications, end-user systems, cloud, on-prem etc.) and service management & resiliency, business continuity and recovery, and data retention.
● Oversees end-to-end lifecycle, continuous improvement and operations of all tech infrastructure and platforms. Drives meeting and exceeding service level agreements (SLAs), objectives, and performance expectations.
● Leadership accountability to ensure standard, stability, secure (partnering with CISO) and the proper functioning of PPFA’s Infrastructure end-to-end tech platforms, according to our defined service level performance/availability agreements (99.999% availability level).
● Accountable for overseeing Infrastructure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Metrics:
○ Ensures the IT Infrastructure and Operations team continually assesses PPFA’s infrastructure’s health, efficiency, and proper data maintenance and management. ○ Drives consistent performance management of PPFAs Tech Infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, and compliance.
○ Provides Executive Infrastructure Operational Dashboard reviews for CIO to meet/exceed KPIs.
This role is a senior-level executive engaging with all levels of the organization. Mentors and leads high-performing Infrastructure & Operations organizations.
● Ensures DevOps and ITOps / End User Services have seamless partnerships to deliver value and efficiency to the Organization.
● Formulates strong partnerships with the DevOps team to drive automation and efficiencies in the IT Operations process. Identifies areas of opportunity for improvement.
● Empowers the IT Infrastructure and Operations team and key stakeholders to challenge the status quo, continuously improve, and embrace change.
● Partner with IT leaders of Enterprise Applications, Enterprise Architecture, Business Relationship Management, Information Security, Tech Services, HIPAA & Compliance, IS Operations, IS Architecture, OCIO to drive standard, stable, secure Infrastructure solutions and services.
● Build, mature and lead the Tech Infrastructure and Operations capabilities aligned with ITIL and CIO Operating.
● Develops and maintains strategic and trusted partnerships with PPFA senior executives and key stakeholders. This includes ensuring close alignment with management stakeholders across the business and the Information Security Team for Infrastructure and Operations strategy, planning, business priority alignment, and roadmap development to achieve the organization’s combined goals and end-state strategy.
● Ensure Infrastructure and Operations works closely with Information Security regarding IT dependencies on the security of infrastructure-related systems, networks, and enterprise information.
● Oversee the team to continuously improve the core foundations to evolve the maturity of our IT operating model and services to enable the long-term Business Strategy from IT
● Openly encourages others to participate and ensure that diverse views are represented. Acknowledges contributions of others and the overall.
● Nurtures our DEI-centered culture with the voice of our staff at the forefront.
● Resolves conflict while optimizing individual and team abilities.
● Executive presence, expert communication and stakeholder engagement skills are necessary to be successful in this executive leadership role.
● An innovative and dynamic leader, excellent communicator and accomplished executive driver of large-scale technology and digital change.
● Partners with Tech Governance VP on setting tech infrastructure standards for IT on infrastructure tech innovation and continuous improvement. Defines and sustains IT quality standards to meet or exceed controls and agreed-upon expectations for all initiatives, programs and to advance the business.
● Accountable for Change Management, Incident, Release, Capacity and Critical Incident Management and Continuous Improvement for all tech infrastructure at PPFA.
● Sets vision for service catalog and roadmap ensures operational effectiveness of all end-user computing and Service desk functions.
● Strong experience in proactively managing outsourcing strategy and service partners across end-to-end services from ITSM, MSP, Cloud, Infrastructure etc.
● Supports and maintains IT Infrastructure and Operations financial management and contract management processes in alignment with PPFA standard operating procedures. Includes budgeting, forecasting and multi-year strategic planning.
● Ensures the team manages budgetary processes with quality and timeliness results.
● Sponsors Operational Quarterly Business Reviews with Infrastructure Vendor Partners to ensure SLAs are met and continuous improvement action plans are in place for vendor accountability.
● Influences operational technology policy and strategy and partners with senior management
● Builds an integrated Tech Ops team to operate effectively and efficiently in alignment with industry standards and ITIL services framework.
● Foster a culture of collaboration and shared responsibility with a DevOps methodology accordingly.
● Further develop and deliver the IT components of the US and Global office and infrastructure build-outs, WAN/LAN, and Telephony based on business needs and priorities.
● Support the transformation of the IT organization to enable PPFA’s Mission further, providing the business partners and staff with a better user experience.
● Faster turnaround time to value enabled by new ways of working through an agile DevOps approach.
● Drive availability and capacity to establish asset light Infrastructure enabled by hybrid, multi-cloud management.
● Directs the implementation of enterprise infrastructure & applications changes and maintenance routines are carried out within the agreed standards and SLAs
● Ensures operational problems are identified in a timely manner
● Build relationships with Global offices for Infrastructure support. Ensure team supports and delivers IT Operational standards for Global offices which align with US policies and service delivery standards providing support as requested and funded.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
● Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, MIS, engineering, or equivalent
● 15+ years' experience managing and/or directing technology operations and IT functions.
● 10+ years' experience working in highly scalable Cloud, IaaS or SaaS experience preferred
● Strong understanding of project management principles. Effective Date: June 2023 3
● Proven experience in running a modern Information Technology Operational organization, with integrating DevOps best practices into a tech operating model for process efficiencies.
● Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
● Experience with ITIL DevOps, and ITSM solutions and the ability to align standardized processes and services across each area of service management.
● Experienced in an environment with a heterogeneous mix of on-premise, hosted, and cloud hardware and software, with a concentration in Google, AWS, Azure, Microsoft, etc.
● Experience leading cloud migration programs with AWS, Azure, or GCP to enable redundancy and HA.
● Outstanding Financial Management and Vendor Management Skills. Includes Tech InfrastructureForecasting, Budget Management vs Actuals and multi-year budget planning.
● Demonstrated success leading IT modernization and transformation with minimal disruption.
● Demonstrated success in leading complex and diverse teams.
● Effective people leader who attracts and retains strong talent and can operate at all levels of the organization.
● Collaborative in working with peers and developing peer relationships.
● Strong technology leadership across diverse enterprise technology systems.
● Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, operating systems, databases, application and web servers, media, and desktops.
● Technical experience with systems networking, databases, infrastructure, and user support.
● Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development. ● Excellent organizational, collaborative leadership, decision-making and communication skills
● Ability to be assertive and influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills to perform critical conversations
● Excellent business acumen and sound business judgment
Travel: 0-10% travel, as needed
$240,000 - $256,000 a year
Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt-in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All roles that are denoted as NYC, DC, or both will be on a hybrid schedule, requiring 2-3 days per week in the office.