2020 Summer Intern-Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Digital Fundraising Summer Intern to help further the goals of the organization by working with members of the Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement (DFSE) team to support national programs for advocacy and fundraising through email, digital advertising, mobile and fundraising innovation for mobilizing millions of Planned Parenthood supporters online.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the execution of online programs through quality assurance checks on email and mobile messages, action sequences, and fundraising campaign landing pages.
- Maintain gold standard for customer care and inbox maintenance on mobile platforms for broadcast and peer to peer texting programs.
- Assist with day-to-day technical support for affiliate and national users of EveryAction/VAN, PPFA’s tool for digital fundraising and advocacy work.
- Pull data reports, provide feedback and contribute towards analysis of fundraising metrics used to establish benchmarks and improve program performance.
- Update and improve existing documentation and best practices around customer care, inbox maintenance responses and affiliate support.
- Participate in live peer-to-peer texting campaigns with supporters for both offline and online campaigns.
- Help pilot new innovation technology that may be deployed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Experience with Excel preferred.
- Experience working with advocacy tools or customer service preferred.
- EveryAction, VAN, Salesforce, Hustle or Mobile Commons experience a plus but not required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A self starter with strong attention to detail, copy editing and writing skills.
- A fast learner who is eager to learn new skills, take initiative and jump in when needed.
- A strong commitment to and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- A strong commitment to race equity and anti-racism work.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our colleagues.
- We strongly encourage current or former Planned Parenthood Generation Action members and peer educators to apply.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.