Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund are hiring a staff person to fill the role of Executive Coordinator for the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns Department. This position provides operational support for the Vice-President of Organizing and Electoral Campaigns and Planned Parenthood Action Fund Executive Director as well as ongoing special projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a member of the Management and Operations team in the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns department including direct administrative support for the Vice-President of Organizing and Electoral Campaigns and Planned Parenthood Action Fund Executive Director.
- Provide complex scheduling support, meeting management, briefing support, and travel support to the Vice-President and the Executive Director.
- Provide credit card reconciliation for the Vice-President, the Executive Director, and special departmental projects.
- Providing support on high-priority and time-sensitive projects and presentations.
- Act as the point of contact between the Vice-President, Executive Director, and internal/external clients.
- Assist with internal communications regarding field activities, including reports, memorandums, and updates to the board, senior staff, and stakeholders across the organization.
- Plan and execute logistics for large scale organizing events and campaigns across multiple departments and Planned Parenthood affiliates including conferences, lobby days, actions, and retreats as assigned.
- Support the Vice-President and the Executive Director in Action Fund board affairs, not limited to: presentation preparation, note-taking bi-weekly board calls, staffing the Action Fund Board program committee.
- Support the logistics for public affairs accreditation processes with department leaders on this project.
- Support the Associate Director of Operations in ensuring departmental compliance.
- Provide logistical support for department specific meetings including the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns Department meeting, the Policy, Campaigns, & Advocacy Division wide meeting, and other meetings as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- BA/BS degree with 2+ years of direct EA experience to an executive
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- Mastery and ability to use Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to exercise judgement and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Ability to anticipate the needs of our executives and be proactive in providing solutions.
- Willingness to work beyond traditional work hours to support administrative needs, as needed
- Flexibility to travel as needed
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Maintain high-level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Experience as a Planned Parenthood staff member or volunteer leader a plus.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Detail orientation and the ability to proactively mitigate and solve problems on the fly.
- Can communicate with senior level staff and executives.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment, learn quickly, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple requests and projects at one time.
- Team player committed to collaboration and the success of the Management and Operations vision.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.