Health Equity Manager, Public Health Outcomes Improvement
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Health Outcomes Improvement /
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a dynamic and determined Health Equity Manager .
This job reports to the Director of Health Equity in the Public Health Outcomes Improvement Department of PPFA. The Public Health Outcomes Improvement Department partners with affiliates on programming related to health equity, clinical quality measures and public health outcomes improvement.
- In collaboration with the Director of Health Equity, the Health Equity Manager will be the primary source of support and guidance for applying health equity principles to cross-divisional and federation-wide work focused on the future of abortion access and other priority initiatives.
- Design and implement a model and plan for integrating a health equity framework, strategies and tools into program planning, implementation and evaluation of priority initiatives including the future of abortion access. This includes coordinating and ensuring alignment across the remaining health equity portfolio.
- Lead the identification, collection and tracking of health equity metrics for the future or abortion access initiative based on the overall goal of eliminating disparities and improving health outcomes for all abortion patients.
- Develop and implement a plan for continuous and ongoing patient engagement throughout priority initiatives, including the future of abortion access, to ensure all work is patient centered and informed.
- Serve as an internal consultant and subject matter expert to workstreams, affiliates and other stakeholders on incorporating a health equity lens into their respective work areas. This includes but is not limited to providing technical assistance, coaching, and training based on needs.
- Research and track trends and emerging best practices to share across the Federation related to the equitable delivery of abortion care.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to create tailored tools, training materials, resource guides, and other guidance on key topics related to health equity within sexual and reproductive health.
- Design multiple communication channels, including a quarterly health equity newsletter, to share key health equity insights across the federation, such as case studies, emerging trends, training opportunities, best practices, success stories, and lessons learned.
- Assist in the design and implementation of a health equity learning and action network for affiliates which includes creating curriculum, compiling lessons learned, coordinating webinars, and other needs.
- Support other components of the equity portfolio for the future of abortion access initiative.
- Manage individual projects with input from the Director of Health Equity.
- Collaborate and align with other PPFA departments on shared strategies to advance health equity with the ultimate goal of eliminating health disparities and improving health outcomes.
- Act as a point person for PPFA staff and affiliates for technical assistance and support related to operationalizing health equity.
- Support development of partnerships and relationships with organizations focused on health equity and reproductive justice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a field related to public health, social work, community development, planning, public administration, health policy or similar field, and at least 3 years of directly related experience leading health equity projects within a healthcare setting.
- A strong racial justice analysis and demonstrated understanding of health equity, reproductive justice, and the structural drivers of health that impact marginalized communities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, produce high quality deliverables and cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- An understanding of complex organizational structures and ability to identify and navigate solutions in challenging situations.
- Experience and comfort navigating ambiguous situations when the solutions are not always clear.
- Ability to quickly determine which problems and challenges can be resolved independently and those that require further, higher level attention.
- Insightful and creative thinker who is a team player willing to tackle challenges both big and small.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and visualize health data preferred.
- Strong oral and/or written communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience and ability to build strong, effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders to work effectively across multiple divisions internally, and soliciting feedback and input from significant stakeholder groups nationally.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.