2020 Summer Intern-Youth Organizing
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective 2020 Youth Organizing Summer intern. Applicants should demonstrate an interest in sexual and reproductive health and rights, as well as working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity to and appreciation for cultural differences.
In return you will have the opportunity to do the following:
Learn organizing skills at a national level including goal planning and evaluating success.
Build campaigns to engage Planned Parenthood students activist on over 300 college campus.
Help with the development and implementation of Planned Parenthood's national organizing conference. Development of training materials and support for students leaders and affiliate staff who work with young people.
Work with communities of color and other marginalized groups with opportunities to highlight those voices in reproductive health and rights movement.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Planned Parenthood Generation Action staff, assist with the planning and execution of fall back to school events.
- Support our Youth Leadership councils and assist our youth leadership meeting during June/July.
- Support our campus campaigns and Student Data Management program.
- Identifying and training young leaders and young leaders of color.
- Assisting in the development of organizing trainings, curriculum, and materials.
- Taking a leadership role on special projects and perform administrative duties as assigned and required.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Experience in community, campus, or political outreach, and organizing, preferred.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Courteous, well spoken, articulate, and have excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.