Senior Product Manager, Digital Products Lab
New York, NY /
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Digital Products Lab /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Senior Product Manager in the Digital Products Lab will oversee new and existing initiatives, primarily for Spot On to deliver on Planned Parenthood’s mission with emerging, direct-to-consumer technology, and partner with the Senior Director on other products and tasks as needed, given the changing priorities of the organization’s initiatives. The Senior Product Manager in the Digital Products Lab will report to the Senior Director of the Digital Products Lab.
- Create an innovative, personalized, direct-to-consumer digital experience on Spot On by (1) creating a roadmap of strategic experiments and enhancements that work towards Spot On’s north star goals, which expand the delivery of Planned Parenthood’s mission and brand particularly to the Black, Latinx and LGBTQ audience; and (2) successfully creating an optimal process for collaboration within a newly formed scrum team.
- Clear, strategic thought leadership around consumer-facing digital products at Planned Parenthood, with a focus on Spot On’s mission, product roadmap, working process, and value to the Federation.
- Creation of goals for Spot On and oversee regular and ongoing data analysis to inform product evolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, such as PRDs, functional specs, user stories and reports on Spot On to relevant stakeholders and audiences internally, and to the public at conferences, externally.
- Establishing agile and scrum practices within the Lab , in partnership with collaborating teams.
- Management of stakeholder and leadership relationships to maintain a healthy relationship and process for Spot On to scale.
- Management of product-specific team member(s) . The Product Manager must provide clear ongoing performance expectations, feedback, and growth opportunities.
- Appetite for learning and becoming a subject matter expert on mobile applications, DEI, scrum and other agile methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- 4+ years product management experience developing consumer-facing digital products,
- including experience as product owner or lead on a consumer-facing digital product
- Experience iterating on a mature product that is pushing to become a more personalized, equitable experience
- Experience working on a product that prioritizes data integrity
- Experience documenting product requirements/user stories and product roadmaps
- Demonstrable achievements defining, bringing to market, and scaling top-notch digital products.
- Strong knowledge of digital user experience and user research practices
- Demonstrable achievements defining and scaling top-notch digital products
- Sympathy, empathy and knowledge for our users who have periods and who are on birth control
- Awareness and understanding of the latest technology and innovation trends, and ability to provide thought leadership across the organization’s digital efforts and priorities.
- Passion for Planned Parenthood’s mission, and dedication to using technology to expand access to the sexual and reproductive health resources and rights.
- Strong empathy for the user and a passion for designing for social impact.
- Knowledge of current design and research best practices and patterns, and enthusiasm for seeking and investigating new patterns, practices and tools.
- Comfort with changing priorities and patience for process.
- Able to think strategically, learn quickly, and succeed in fast-paced and uncertain environments.
- Able to function effectively as a team player while leading organizational change.
- Goal-oriented. Able to make demonstrable progress toward strategic goals and KPls, while keeping up with an ever-evolving day-to-day product development environment.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.