Social Media Manager
Communications & Culture – Digital Content & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Social Media Manager who will develop, promote, and monitor online content across digital channels and social media properties to engage online supporters, members of the public, and the media. This person will work cross divisionally with leaders in organizing, policy, communications, fundraising, and Planned Parenthood affiliates to develop motivating digital strategy and content to increase our grassroots supporter engagement on social media properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for primary advocacy-centered social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. This includes comment moderation and community management.
- Assist in production and writing for integrated digital campaigns on social networks, plannedparenthoodaction.org and other advocacy-related properties.
- Develop and implement innovative strategies for digital supporter engagement on social media properties.
- Develop engaging content to grow and motivate audiences on social media.
- Monitor online conversations and actively participate in them to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Assist in developing campaign memos for distribution across the federation.
- Coordinate content and campaign priorities with multiple divisions and departments for national advocacy social media properties on a day-to-day basis.
- Creatively and proactively engage social media community members. Identify and engage influencers and ''super advocates."
- Understand and analyze the news and political environment and ensure that Planned Parenthood is keeping up with rapidly shifting online discussions and traditional media and political cycles, while constantly looking for opportunities for supporter engagement.
- Develop and manage paid message testing on relevant social channels.
- Participate in evaluation of digital content and campaign metrics to guide and inform future content and strategies.
- Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the digital team.
- Offer strategic and tactical guidance and assistance in coordinating social media work across the Politics, Campaigns, and Advocacy Division.
- Work to provide social media best practices across the federation and assist affiliates in their social media strategy.
- Independently manage priorities to meet all campaign and content deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Broad experience in managing social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Experience running livestreams a plus.
- 3-5 years of substantive digital & social media experience.
- Experience directly managing various social media handles: building and developing audiences, and running message testing campaigns and paid content boosting.
- Experience with developing metrics reports.
- Experience developing and implementing online content for non-profit advocacy organizations or national organizing campaigns.
- Knowledge of social media listening, social media management, and analytics tools.
- Ability to handle multiple "priority" projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to gain buy-in from multiple parties in a collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of working online to organize diverse supporters and constituencies, including communities of color and LGBTQ individuals is a plus.
- Project management skills.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Experience with online CRMs a plus.
- Basic graphics skills a plus.
- Proven record of accomplishment of meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Experience with online advocacy and political campaigns, especially rapid response.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Thrives in a campaign style environment with rapid-fire deadlines and responses.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.