Manager, National Office Performance Evaluation
New York, NY /
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Research & Evaluation /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a Manager of National Office Performance Evaluation. This job reports to the Associate Director of Evaluation & Learning in the Research and Evaluation Department of PPFA. TheResearch and Evaluation Department is comprised of a team of epidemiologists, evaluators, and certified clinical research experts and conducts and supports research and evaluation throughout the federation. The department aims to expand health care options and improve access to critical services and new ways of delivering care. To this end, the department conducts original research studies to inform patient care and assess the effectiveness of National Office programs and initiatives. It also facilitates, coordinates, and supports research conducted at Planned Parenthood affiliates through capacity building, technical assistance, and direct consultation.
Purpose : The Manager will play a key role in a new and developing workstream dedicated to organizational performance evaluation and learning. More specifically, this workstream aims to improve the ability and capacity of the National Office to assess and track the progress and outcomes of its work. The Manager provides oversight and coordination for organization performance monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Directs the development and dissemination of systems, tools, and templates to standardize program monitoring and evaluation across national office initiatives.
- Maintains and strengthens the quarterly performance measurement system and report for the National Office, including overseeing data collection, quality assurance, metric development, analysis and data visualization.
- Recommends and advises on monitoring and evaluation design, methodology, and tools that meet organizational objectives.
- Develops and maintains a collection of evaluation tools, resources, and documents including an evaluation compendium and toolkit.
- Presents evaluation findings to internal and external stakeholders at academic conferences and meetings.
- Demonstrates intercultural competence and ensures work products consider the impacts of the work on multiple communities, including communities of color and individuals with different gender identities and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- This position requires interaction and management of internal audiences and stakeholders.
- Communicates regularly with internal stakeholders across all departments and divisions within the National Office
- Serves as an internal evaluation and performance management expert to National Office staff
- Collaborates with the executive leadership of PPFA to identify performance management reporting needs
- S/he/they should have familiarity and experience working with the population Planned Parenthood serves, including people of different racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, people with different gender identities and individuals with disabilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional (or) related experience.
- A combination of professional experience and skills may be considered in lieu of formal/traditional education.
- Experience with organizational performance measurement and management, program monitoring and evaluation, and survey and data collection instrument design.
- Experience with direct implementation of evaluation activities, including design, data collection, analysis, and reporTng
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience with data analysis software, preferably STATA or SPSS, preferred
- Familiarity with Tableau, Data Studio, or other data visualization tools.
- Ability to be flexible in working with others.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to write monitoring and evaluation reports and other documents for multiple audiences (particularly non-technical audiences).
- Ability to work with multiple constituencies across departmental and organizational boundaries to problem-solve, build alliances, and influence meaningful outcomes.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to reproductive health and rights.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.