Manager, Donor Relations & Stewardship, Development
New York, NY
Development – Principal & Major Gifts
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
PPFA seeks a dynamic and effective Manager of Donor Relations to execute stewardship opportunities for PPFA’s major donors (giving $25,000 or more annually). Reporting to the Associate Director of Donor Relations, the Manager is responsible for the overall coordination and production of twice yearly donor conferences, smaller cultivation events, and additional stewardship of major donors. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the donor cycle and experience creating one-to-many donor experiences. Prior events management and database experience are crucial to success in this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the development and implementation of long- and short-term stewardship strategies ensuring a unique, thoughtful, and segmented donor experience.
- Contributes to the design of an annual calendar of creative and unique Principal and Major Gifts (PMG) donor engagement opportunities.
- Plans and implements cultivation and stewardship events for prospective and current donors, such as conferences, receptions, salons and donor briefing calls.
- Strategizes all components of annual fundraising events to create fun, inspiring and impactful donor experiences.
- Manages pre-event and on-site logistics and production aspects of events, including invitation mailings (digital and via mail), management of the hotel rooming list, budgeting, vendor relations, and day-of donor relations.
- Assists with multiple aspects and integration of event donor cultivation and stewardship.
- 3-5 years of nonprofit fundraising/development experience, and/or event management. Priority will be given to candidates with stewardship, donor engagement, and/or investor relations experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but prior work experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated creative thinking to meaningfully connect with donors across the country through multiple channels.
- A basic understanding of political fundraising is helpful but not required.
- Prior experience working within a federated structure is a plus.
- Event management.
- Database management (Blackbaud, Salesforce, etc).
- Interest in and deep awareness of sexual and reproductive health.
PERSONAL QUALITIES/OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Enthusiasm for project management.
- The ability to learn and refine Planned Parenthood's processes and systems is essential.
- Flexibility, positivity, creativity, and emotional intelligence.
- Commitment to a Race, Equity, and Inclusion (REI) lens as it relates to colleagues, patients, donors, volunteers, and beyond.
- The ability to maximize opportunities created by our country’s changing political landscape at short notice.
- Dedicated passion, understanding and commitment to the vision and mission of Planned Parenthood.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with diverse populations.
- Proven prior experience and ability to professionally network, initiate, develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.