Scheduler/Receptionist, Office of the COO
New York, NY
Operations – Office of the COO
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood seeks an efficient and detail-oriented Scheduler to support the COO Division Operations in a fast paced and dynamic environment. This individual reports to the VP of Global Operations/Facilities . The Specialist is responsible in providing strong Administrative clerical skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO), Vice President for Operations and the Office of the COO staff calendars for all internal and external scheduling requests.
- Partners with other administrative staff to coordinate and prepare for meetings. This includes, but is not limited to, drafting meeting agendas, organizing meeting materials for distribution, reserving meeting rooms, physically setting up rooms, setting up video conferencing or presentation equipment, ordering catering and setting up, taking meeting minutes and escorting guests.
- Books travel related requests for the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO) and members of the Office of the COO, preparing travel itineraries, travel meeting agendas, preparing briefing materials and reconciling business and travel expenses and completing expense reports, in a timely fashion including registration for meetings, conferences and events.
- Prepares and submits pay orders and related documents for vendor payment
- Reconciles transactions for Office of the COO staff and reviews direct report transactions in WORKS
- Submits requests for NDAs and handles other contract related items including Partner Intake and entering information into contract management system
- Handles written correspondence and filing (paper and electronic) correspondence or other documents.
- Draft and format documents, spreadsheets, presentations, ensuring all are composed, edited, and proofread to accurately reflect the purpose and intended outcomes
- Works with other administrative staff to keep track of vacation and out of office schedules for Operations Senior Team and PPFA Senior Leadership Team
- Keeps key office email distribution lists updated
- Provide primary support for the telephone switchboard console and routing of calls to appropriate people or location(s) with the national office.
- Greet and announce affiliate visitors, job applicants, vendors, board members and other PPFA employees.
- Schedule and maintain master calendar for conference rooms.
- Assist staff with the facilitation of meetings, conferences, rapid response meetings and special events.
- Monitor radio communications and assist as needed.
- Manage the Fire Warden program including training.
- Support office safety plan, building evacuation plan, fire evacuation processes.
- Support ad hoc requests for administrative support from Facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor Degree required.
- At least 3-5 years of administrative work experience in support of an Executive.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, managing multiple projects and ability to handle stressful situations with ease.
- Occasionally availability outside of normal working hours.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Advanced knowledge of Google platform and applications required (i.e., gmail, drive, calendar)
- High ethical standards and exemplary customer service skills are mandatory.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, learn and process information quickly, and exercise good judgment when dealing with a wide variety of people.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.