Associate Director Global Finance
New York, NY
Operations – Global Administration
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Global (PPG) seeks a dynamic and effective Associate Director, Finance. This position reports to the VP of Global Operations and is responsible for leading the consolidated annual and mid-year budget for PPG in partnership with the Associate Director, Grants Management, regional and country office finance and operations, as well as monitoring and reporting on actual revenue and expenses against budget for country, regional offices and HQ. The position leverages systems to drive internal reporting functions to ensure information accuracy and consistency, including the delivery of trial balances, regional and country office expense reports. The Associate Director is responsible for providing oversight of funds balances and timely tracking of expenses and ensuring that all in-country statutory audit requirements are met.
The position works closely with the PPFA Finance and Development teams to ensure that accurate information is reflected in the Sage accounting systems and follows up with country and regional offices to ensure that accurate and timely financial information resulting in accurate reporting to donors and external stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with PPG country and regional offices to set up and maintain finance systems to meet in country needs and local regulatory requirements.
- Works with the Associate Director, Grants and Compliance Management to ensure that all grants and partner/subcontracts are appropriately included in the organizational budget and that changes made during budget discussions are incorporated in organizational budgets.
- Provides oversight and maintenance of budget and expense coding for field office finances.
- Delivers monthly accurate and accurate QBO files (in coordination with outsourced accounting firm) to PPFA finance - including balance sheet, trial balances and country and regional office expense reports.
- Reviews gaps in country and regional office procedures and author recommendations and new policies to ensure compliance within PPFA/PPG policies and improved financial management.
- Implements reporting schedules for monitoring cash management and cash flow from HQ to country and regional offices and ensure process controls are established.
- Implements reporting pipelines for financial monitoring of PPG country and regional offices expenses.
- Leads PPG country and regional offices during in-country audit preparations and ensure that accurate information is submitted to audit firms.
- Leads PP Global regional offices during fiscal year close and ensure that Sage accounting systems utilized by HQ reconciles with in-country QBO files.
- Serves as budget director, driving and consolidating the annual and mid-year reforecast budgets for PPG, working closely with country and regional office finance, operational and program leadership.
- Provides review and oversight of PPG expenses to ensure balancing of funds with SAGE and grant/donor spending.
- Designs and maintains dashboards for communicating budget vs. actuals to PPG leaders, country and regional offices and other PPFA/PPG internal partners.
- Reviews monthly budget vs. actual reports to validate completeness and accuracy of data.
- Conducts financial analysis for PPG leadership, program/project leaders, country and regional offices and prepare variance explanations.
- Based on budgeting and forward planning, ensures that monthly PPG US based staff salaries are accurately allocated and adjusted throughout the year.
- Prepares or finalizes all payment requests on a timely basis for vendor and consultant payments made from PPG in the US ensuring accurate coding, complete documentation, and approvals.
- Tracks and reconciles the PPG department credit card and ensures complete documentation and accurate coding of all expenses.
- Provides administrative support to the PPFA Controller in preparation of schedules, reports, and backup documentation for the annual audit.
- Works with the Associate Director, Grants Management to prepare grant reports required for IRS 990 form schedules related to PPG's financial activity.
- Works with Finance team to request vendor set-up in the financial system.
- Supports staff for Travel and Expense report submission and assists in ensuring accuracy of allocation of expenses to projects and funds.
- Assists in finalizing progress reports and final reports to donors that fully capture programmatic success and tie closely to financial reporting.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree or 5-7 years' work experience with nonprofit, preferably in finance.
- Financial experience with nonprofit organizations highly desirable.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit related accounting helpful.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online and Sage accounting software preferred.
- Computer literate with word processing and strong spreadsheet skills.
- Experience with pivot tables, lookup equations and large data sets highly desirable.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with detail-oriented, deadline-driven projects, managing multiple demands, prioritizing tasks and working independently.
- Discretion and tact in handling sensitive or confidential information.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.