Manager, Foundation Relations
New York, NY /
Office of the Chief Development Officer (CDO) – Foundations Relations & Donor Communications /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is seeking a dynamic and impactful manager to manage budgets, projects, and processes in support of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding foundations and other PPFA donors and prospects. This job reports to the deputy senior director in the Foundation Relations department within the Development division of PPFA. The Foundation Relations department provides strong relationships with foundation partners to meet revenue goals that support the organization’s strategic priorities; proposals, reports, budgets, and other donor correspondences (in collaboration with program and finance staff); and tailored proposals and reports where appropriate for Principal and Major Gift donors.
- The manager is responsible for providing project management and other support to contribute to the advancement of the national Foundation Relations program.
- Supervise development of budget materials for grant proposals and reports for the Development division’s high-touch donors (including foundations and individual donors).
- Lead partnership between finance and program staff to ensure that grant expenditures for the Development Division’s high-touch donors are accurate and in line with funder requirements.
- Manage Planned Parenthood’s participation in the Combined Federal Campaign and state workplace giving campaigns and work closely with the coordinator to prepare applications and meet external deadlines.
- Supervise grants processing and conduct grant agreement review in partnership with the Office of General Counsel.
- In partnership with Foundation Relations team’s leadership, oversee department’s income and expense budget, producing annual budgets and completing mid-year reforecasts.
- Review and approve monthly income and expense tracking reports.
- Oversee various systems for management of department’s operations, including Salesforce, donor lists, revenue coding, etc.
- Work closely with the foundation relations coordinator on operational tasks.
- Keep abreast of a variety of topic areas and PPFA initiatives in order to be responsive to donor interests and investments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Externally: The successful candidate will help deliver financial reporting, proposal budgets, and other materials to donors.
- Internally: The successful candidate will provide project management to Finance and Development staff as well as program colleagues across the national office to help ensure that funders receive accurate and compelling materials, and that grants are being spent as planned. The manager will also serve as a point person with the chief development officer to provide regularly updated revenue and expense reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience required
- Experience in preparing and tracking budget reports for restricted grants
- Experience in managing organizational revenue and expense reports
- Strong project management and workflow experience
- Extremely organized and action-oriented
- Effective collegial communicator who can collaborate with staff at all levels of the organization
- Solid knowledge of Word and Excel and facility with donor databases
- A team player with a sense of humor
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, learn, and process information quickly, and exercise good judgement when dealing with a wide variety of people
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to both “get in the weeds” of programs and budgets as well as keep focused on the larger picture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments in an efficient and timely manner
- Ability to problem-solve and navigate a large and complex organization
- Ability to work in a multicultural workforce, with sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.