Senior Director, Brand Marketing
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Brand & Culture Team seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Director of Brand Marketing to drive integrated brand marketing initiatives across the Federation, work closely with affiliates, support the development of audience strategy and research, drive our brand strategy through culture change work, and develop and implement engagement programs in partnership with other internal stakeholder teams.
This role works closely with internal and external teams (including, but not limited to, digital, education, culture and corporate engagement, media, digital products, advocacy and creative) to deliver brand ideas, develop audience strategy and marketing message framing, and ensure a strong brand strategy exists in all the external facing work that we do, as we aim to drive brand loyalty with a concentrated effort to reach key constituencies, including communities of color, young people, and the LGBTQ community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute long running strategies for elevating the brand, including managing integrated initiatives such as brand awareness campaigns, patient recruitment efforts and advocacy campaigns.
- Lead our Brand Strategy of the Culture Change work and collaborate with the culture team on the driving those strategies forward.
- Be the lead ambassador for the brand throughout the Federation , ensuring the organization maintains brand alignment; through campaigns, partnerships and alliances.
- Create ongoing efforts to help employees live the brand and embrace our patient-focused mindset.
- Provide leadership, motivation, and clear direction to cross-functional teams, peers and colleagues, to ensure the achievement of brand and audience goals.
- Promote positive relations with internal partners by collaborating to infuse the brand within their respective marketing efforts.
- Work cross-functionally and diplomatically across teams and divisions.
- Successfully manage in-house processes and helps establish brand efficiency across messaging, digital and content.
- Leverage and share research, data and insights to help make informed brand and marketing decisions across the federation.
- Lead a team of team of brand and marketing specialists and ensure close communications amongst the affiliates and national office.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10+ years of brand and marketing experience with in-depth understanding of brand strategy branding with an emphasis on cause-driven work, and knowledge and/or passion for the reproductive rights movement.
- Proven track record of developing and executing integrated marketing strategies (across earned, owned and paid) inclusive of cultural marketing and influencer marketing, that drive awareness, engagement, and loyalty through best in class programs.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, project manage, show attention to detail, and follow-through to completion.
- Proactive, results-oriented, self-starter motivated by an interesting and challenging task • Passion for Planned Parenthood mission.
- Strong team player with willingness to roll up sleeves, and dive into work streams with a proven track record in managing high functioning teams.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both analysis and strategy.
- Deep understanding of digital and content strategy and experience in building successful audience programs across various mediums.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.