Contributions & Compliance Coordinator
New York, NY
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Contributions & Compliance Coordinator. In this role the incumbent will ensure that all contributions received in-house for PPFA, PPAF, PAC and PP Votes are accurately batched according to internal controls on a timely basis. Work with the Finance department to prioritize contributions for processing. Retrieves contributions from Finance and completes batching and entry of daily deposit within 24 hours. Resolves and researches exception items – for GL codes, Pledge information, etc. Creates and prepares batches for entry into donor database.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Finance department to open and sort mail into contributions and other items. Ensure that donations are properly categorized and deposited to the right c3 or c4 entity to be in compliance with Campaign Finance and IRS regulations.
- Organize and scan all mail received with contributions into separate documents as determined by specified requirements.
- Create batches of contributions originally received at lockbox vendor that are sent to PPFA for specialized entry with correct bank information for accurate reconciliation.
- Save scanned documents to specified locations and troubleshoot scanner if necessary.
- Completes internal controls.
- Create batches of contributions that will be used for entry into the donor database, ensuring contribution batch totals reconcile with Finance batch totals.
- Creates batches for credit cards, wire transfers, stock gifts, and pledges and other specialized entries not directly tied to cash or check bank deposits.
- Make appropriate number of copies of checks and other back-up materials for various department needs.
- Juggle changes in mail volume by identifying changes in process and staff to meet daily deposit deadlines.
- Troubleshoot customer service issues or refer to customer service department.
- Data entry of batch items into donor database.
- Provide daily notification of contributions to all departments in development including major gifts, foundations and planned giving.
- Research contributions that arrive without documentation using donor database as a tool.
- Process credit cards for specific exception items as determined by internal department, batched according to company (PPFA, PPAF, PAC, PP Votes).
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field or equivalent direct experience is required.
- Must have excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely detail oriented. Computer literacy including Excel, Word and database applications.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Must have a very customer focused approach to interacting with fellow team members and staff outside of the development department.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.