Specialist, Events & Conferences
Operations – Events & Conferences
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a Specialist, Events and Conferences. This job reports to the Director in the Events and Conferences division of PPFA while conducting event planning initiatives, coordination and management support to the Events and Conferences team for the 60+ annual meetings and events produced by the National Office. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, learns quickly, can work collaboratively with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds, and has very strong attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of registration including data, reporting and technical assistance with a variety of events and conferences technology tools and platforms.
- Manage data and reporting for all National Office sponsored events and conferences, ensuring compliance with Security, IS and demographic goals.
- Manages Events and Conferences intake process and ensure it is up to date with the latest dates, location and event contacts.
- Responsible for communications to internal requesters updating on status of intake request.
- Drafting agendas, organizing materials for distribution, reserving meeting rooms, physically setting up rooms, setting up video conferencing or presentation equipment, ordering catering and setting up, taking meeting minutes and escorting guests.
- Manage all event registration systems from sourcing event systems, building registration pages, launching, and managing on-site registration to ensure safety, compliance and positive participant experience.
- Manage on-site check in systems, staffing, and customer service requests during all national office sponsored events and conferences.
- Manage all logistics for 4-8 of small scale conferences and events (less than 150 attendees) a year including vendor sourcing and management, venue selection, site visits, budget management, project plan management, logistics communications, registration, on-site event management, prioritization and resolving issues.
- Own up to 10 events and conferences, and must have strong logistics, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Develop event staffing plans and train/brief staff and volunteers on events including roles, expectations, and security protocol.
- Own Events and Conferences team relationship with PPFA security team to vet attendees and manage event-specific security systems that balance a safe and positive experience for all attendees before and during event.
- Updates Events and Conferences department intranet pages including interfacing with PPFA’s IT department and keeping content current.
- Originator of contract administration processes and vendor vetting.
- Provides technical assistance for all event and conference technology platforms, including online registration and conference mobile apps.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Top-notch attention to detail.
- A collaborative team player with interpersonal savvy.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
- Track record of improving processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to handle multiple and simultaneous tasks and projects.
- Familiarity with financial processes, including budgeting and accounts payable.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Discretion and confidentiality necessary.
- Thorough understanding of PPFA issues, mission and goals.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, racial equity, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.