2020 Summer Intern-Data Strategy, Analytics & Governance
New York, NY
Health Care – Data Strategy, Analytics & Gov.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic 2020 Summer Intern. This intern reports to the Senior Director of Data Strategy & Governance in the Data Strategy, Analytics, & Governance (DSAG) department of PPFA. The DSAG team provides analytic support to affiliate partners on key strategic initiatives and enables evidence-driven decision-making across the Federation through the acquisition, support, and use of data and analytic tools.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role will work alongside DSAG staff to understand the state of our current documentation and make a proposal for how to restructure and present the documentation to maximize usability and comprehension by non-technical users across the federation. This candidate will synthesize information from many sources and propose written and visual solutions to our need for clear, robust documentation.
- This individual will help document and present information related to technical/analytic concepts to various audiences, including non-technical users, through an intranet site accessible by National Office and Planned Parenthood affiliate staff throughout the Federation.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Experience required in one of the following disciplines: library science, language/composition, visual rhetoric, web content creation/management, knowledge management, and/or business intelligence/analytics.
- Strong communication skills, including excellent grammar and writing, required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required; experience managing web content (e.g. WordPress, wikis) or using business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI) preferred.
- Interest in documentation tools and methods, including internal wiki-style sites, required.
- Exposure to reporting/analytics (either as author or user) preferred; interest in reporting/analytics required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA’s organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our
- patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- A love for data.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.