Associate Director, IT Service Delivery
Washington, DC /
Office of the Chief Information Officer (COO) – Information Technology /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading provider and advocate of high-quality, affordable sexual and reproductive health care for all people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With more than 600 health centers across the country, Planned Parenthood organizations serve all patients with care and compassion, with respect, and without judgment, striving to create equitable access to health care. Through health centers, programs in schools and communities, and online resources, Planned Parenthood is a trusted source of reliable education and information that allows people to make informed health decisions. We do all this because we care passionately about helping people lead healthier lives.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports the independently incorporated Planned Parenthood affiliates operating health centers across the U.S. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit membership organization formed as the advocacy and political arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. The Action Fund engages in educational, advocacy, and electoral activity, including grassroots organizing, legislative advocacy, and voter education.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seek a well-experienced and effective IT Service Delivery professional. This job reports to the Director, IT Vendor Service Delivery & Management in the Information Technology department of PPFA. The Information Technology Operations group is responsible for the physical & cloud infrastructure, daily IT operations, and business systems at Planned Parenthood.
The Associate Director, IT Service Delivery is responsible for leading and managing the IT Service Delivery team with a focus on delivering consistent and high-quality client services while building and maintaining strong customer relationships and improving services to provide superior customer satisfaction. A successful IT Service Delivery manager should demonstrate strong leadership and teambuilding skills. Must also have excellent communication and computer skills.
● Manage day-to-day operations of the IT Service Delivery support teams (on-site & offsite) including but not limited to: Service Desk, End-User Computing (EUC), Desktop support, AV, and other service management accountabilities. Supervise and provide support, direction, and mentorship to the IT Service Delivery teams.
● Evaluate and recommend best practices and continuous improvement opportunities for all relevant service delivery capabilities, including IT Service Desk, End-User Computing and Desktop support by leveraging tickets, trends, and survey data.
● Analyze the performance of the IT Service Delivery team, identify problem areas, and deliver solutions to enhance the quality of service and workflow efficiencies and to avoid future problems.
● Taking ownership of IT critical incidents, coordinating with resolution parties and establishing effective communication between stakeholders for post-incident reviews.
● Develop and update knowledge base (KB) and standard operational processes/Service Runbook documentation and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
● Support the IT Service Delivery team with incident management, diagnosis, escalation, tracking, root cause analysis and resolution.
● Review IT service catalogs and recommend new service items to be added or removed as needed.
● Create and maintain Service Delivery team SLAs, SOPs, and pertinent guiding principles to support high-level of customer service.
● Perform Quality Assurance reviews and evaluate CSAT responses to identify poor service delivery issues and response support areas for improving the quality of service
● Lead the delivery of projects and solutions to completion in a team environment while demonstrating a collaborative personality, leadership mindset, and open communication style.
● Assist in developing technical documentation to improve training and service delivery
● Evaluate team members' performance, develop improvement plans, and implement solutions to drive continuous improvement progress.
● Monitoring ticket queues to ensure the team is effectively responding to PPFA staff issues to meet SLA standards.
● Recruit, train, and develop a superior staff. Train the Service Delivery team in the use of industry best practices, established ITSM methodologies, and documented standard operational procedures (SOPs).
● Create effective reports and dashboards to provide actionable information for effectively managing the Service Delivery team and implement solutions that drive continuous improvement.
● Develop and monitor personal, professional, and technical development plans for the Service Delivery team.
● Be the key point of contact between the IT support teams and the IT Operations team to ensure a seamless delivery of IT services in providing superior end-user satisfaction.
● Interact with colleagues to facilitate the assessment of needs and provision of services
● Foster a collaborative environment with all of the IT Service Delivery support teams to co-create and evolve support processes and provide PPFA staff with the best customer experience possible
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
● Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience in leading and managing a quality IT Service Delivery team with Service Desk accountability.
● Resource management, which includes employee hiring, workload management, performance evaluation and support staff training.
● Ability to identify & escalate priority requests and incidents effectively.
● Knowledge and understanding of ITIL/ITSM process definition. ITIL 4 or similar certification is preferred.
● Prior knowledge and experience with IT Service Desk ticketing management systems ( ServiceNow, Zendesk for Jira, ServiceDesk Plus).
○ServiceNow (SNOW) expertise preferred.
● Strong interpersonal skills to build customer relationships.
● Exceptional customer-facing skills
● Strong leadership, communication, and teambuilding skills to motivate and encourage team members.
● Strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot effectively.
● Hands-on experience and knowledge with supporting Windows and Mac OS devices.
● IT budgeting and cost management.
● Knowledge of Google Workspace (Google Docs, Google Meet, Google Sheet, Google Chat, etc.)
● Knowledge of both insourcing and outsourcing Service Desk models
● Demonstrate a proactive attitude
● Knowledge of project management techniques.
● Prior knowledge and experience with these capabilities: Telephony - RingCentral as well as Identity Access Management with Active Directory and Okta preferred.
Travel: This role is on-site.
$128,000 - $135,000 a year
Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt-in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All roles that are denoted as NYC, DC, or both will be on a hybrid schedule, requiring 2-3 days per week in the office.