InfoSec Operations Security Analyst
New York, NY /
Office of the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Information Security /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a dynamic and effective Security Analyst. This job reports to the Sr. Dir InfoSec Ops in the Information Security division of PPFA. The Information Security division of PPFA provides the strategy and implementation of the information security program that safeguards the data entrusted to Planned Parenthood by its patients, supporters, donors and staff.
- The Security Analyst will monitor, analyze, and respond to security alerts, incidents, potential attacks or other threats. This position requires awareness of current threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures and strong analysis, organization, and communication skills.
- Detect and respond to security alerts and reports.
- Conduct analysis and trending from system logs, alerts, and data from security tools.
- Respond to security tickets based on their priority & triage high priority tickets accordingly.
- Provide customer communications relating to security alerts, events & tickets.
- Assist with incident response, gathering and preserving relevant data.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues, emerging trends, and incidents.
- Escalate all incidents / security events appropriately as required.
- Recommend countermeasures and other vulnerability remediation techniques.
- Author and implement detection rules for various security monitoring systems based on
- current threats, vulnerabilities, or other specific events.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and security teams for situational
- Awareness and to collaborate on threat intelligence.
- Participate in security risk and vulnerability assessments.
- The Security Analyst will engage with InfoSecOps, InfoSec, ITOps/MSP, the MSSP, and staff within both PPFA and Affiliates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge. Degree or certificate in cybersecurity, information security, information systems, computer science, or other technical fields is a plus.
- 4+ years experience in security operations, security analysis, incident response, threat hunting, forensics or other security detect or response roles.
- Knowledge of common technical security issues, Internet protocols and applications, network analysis, network/security applications.
- Familiarity with various security methodologies, processes, and technical security solutions such as email gateway, endpoint protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, security information and event management, network threat intelligence, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL and regular expressions desired.
- Experience correlating unstructured data across a variety of log types and event feeds.
- Knowledge of common and advanced defense, detection & remediation techniques and processes.
- Experience automating analysis techniques or other repetitive tasks, is a plus.
- GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GCFE or other related certifications a plus, but not required.
Travel: As Needed
Starting Salary: $85k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer