2020 Summer Intern-Campaigns
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks an 2020 Campaigns & Organizing Summer Intern for the Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns department. This position will provide operational support to the OEC department, specifically around organizing campaigns, event planning, and financial operations. The ideal candidate is interested in learning how to run a non-profit and in gaining experience in community organizing campaigns. A successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced work environment. Must be able to multitask between operational support and project-based work.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively in cross-departmental team to plan organizing trainings and conferences throughout the country including local DC organizing events such as Planned Parenthood's participation in the DC Pride Parade.
- Aid the Organizing Team in engaging local DC volunteers in ongoing organizing campaigns in partnership with the local affiliate.
- Assist the Operations Working group in budget management across department through contracting and invoicing while learning the legal differences between 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) nonprofit organizations.
- Support additional operational and organizing needs of the OEC department as requested.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be a driven self-starter looking to make things happen, but still a team player.
- Customer focused.
- Proficiency in Google Applications.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Customer focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.