Standards of Excellence Health Informatics Manager, Stronger Change Office
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Health Care Strategy /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 30 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in ways that are truly transformational, to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
One of the initiatives Stronger affiliates have identified as a high priority is the development of a set of financial, operational, and healthcare quality standards of excellence and the associated support to achieve them. Stronger seeks a Health InformationSystems Manager to support the Standards of Excellence initiative and manage the effort to measure, track, and report these standards of excellence from affiliates using a variety of reporting systems. Situated within the Stronger Change Office (SCO) this position will report to the Associate Director for Standards of Excellence Transformation.
- Partner with affiliate Planned Parenthood affiliates to standardize measurements and reporting for priority improvement areas across varied health information systems.
- Establish processes to track transformation metrics for the Stronger Change Office and aligned with Stronger Project Initiatives.
- Collaborate with other National Office initiatives and best practices to advise Planned Parenthood affiliates on their financial, operational, and clinical reporting systems
- Manage the data standardization and reporting for the Standards of Excellence Initiative:
- Optimize visualization and design for diverse reports and tools to promote best practices across affiliates.
- Manage the transformation of affiliate data systems and electronic health record (EHR) systems to standardize measurements across affiliates and implement changes to current measurement practices.
- Provide consultative support to affiliates seeking to optimize, improve, and transition their financial and health reporting systems.
- Support a team working across participating affiliates on measuring, tracking, and reporting transformation metrics.
- Assist affiliates and partner with national office staff in providing reporting capacity to make and implement data-driven decisions about expanding access to care, improving health care quality, and increasing operational efficiency.
- Support affiliates seeking to disaggregate their data to track outcomes by race, gender, and LGBTQ+ status to achieve health equity.
- Support programmatic data analysis for the Stronger Change Office:
- Establish tools and processes to measure, track, and report transformation metrics for the Stronger Change Office and Stronger Project Initiatives, as needed
- Design, develop, test, and implement reports related to Standards of Excellence initiative.
- Generate dashboards and reports for Affiliates, Stronger Change Office and PPFA stakeholders on Standard of Excellence performance, improvements, and impact.
- Coordinate with data analysts and teams at the National Office and affiliates:
- Build relationships with Federation analytics partners. Work with internal and external partners to leverage existing tools and, when necessary, incorporate external tools and capabilities for data tracking.
- Provide thought leadership to affiliate stakeholders on the use of reporting systems and how they support operational efficiencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working with healthcare operational data systems and EHR systems required. Experience with NextGen and/or Epic preferred.
- Prior project management experience required.
- Preferred experience with healthcare quality improvement methodologies.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint required. Working knowledge of statistical packages and data visualization tools like Tableau or PowerBI.
- Experience working with a racial equity and gender equity lens to identify and counteract potential discrepancies based on those factors preferred.
- Able to manage multiple, concurrent projects. Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems with potential solutions in a highly professional, confidential, and sensitive manner.
- Collaborative work style. Able to work effectively with diverse stakeholders both internally and externally, remote and in-person. Comfortable working with a distributed team, including telecommuters across the U.S.
- Clear and compelling communicator (oral, written, graphical).
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of Stronger and PPFA and work with others across geographies and socio-political contexts in a culturally competent way.
- Familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities Planned Parenthood serves, including an appreciation for the assets of each community and understanding of the institutional barriers to health care that currently exist.
- Strong commitment to Planned Parenthood mission.
- Stronger is open to a remote candidate for this position. The Analyst will be expected to spend ~15% of time traveling to meet with Stronger affiliates and other key stakeholders. If remote, the Analyst will be expected to spend ~5% of time traveling to PPFA’s headquarters. Travel will likely be greatest during the onboarding period.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.