Operations Specialist, Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seek a highly-organized and detail-oriented Operations Specialist. This job reports to the Director of the Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement (DFSE) team. The DFSE team is responsible for running Planned Parenthood’s national email, SMS, and digital advertising programs to raise funds online, power advocacy work, and engage with Planned Parenthood supporters across the country.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads day to day operations for the DFSE team and plays an integral role in ensuring the team functions smoothly.
- Manages quality assurance (QA) process for all outbound emails, SMS, and supporter-facing landing pages. This includes performing close read of all copy, creating and maintaining QA documentation, leading team in thorough cross-device testing, and continually improving QA best practices to increase efficiency and guarantee error-free content distributed to millions of supporters.
- Creates and sends broadcast SMS messages to Planned Parenthood supporters lists within our existing tool (currently Mobile Commons) in service of the organization’s fundraising, advocacy, and online engagement goals.
- Serves as department resource taking team meeting notes, scheduling meetings, maintaining department calendars, updating and maintaining the Digital Fundraising Intranet site, ordering supplies, creating and maintaining documentation, and more.
- Processes department pay orders, wire transfers, and reimbursement requests across programs and multiple funding streams/entities. Maintains related electronic files, contracts, and budget tracking documents to ensure all DFSE team expense accounting is thorough, accurate, and within budget.
- Assists with facilitation of training sessions for affiliate users within Planned Parenthood’s digital CRM, EveryAction, and provides back-up technical support as necessary.
- Project manages vendor onboarding and partner intake process for digital tools and vendors, including serving as point person between internal and external stakeholders, managing project plan and providing updates, and inputting contracts into PPFA’s contract management platform.
- Liaises with Gift Processing, Finance, and Donor Services on online revenue adjustments, distributions, invoices, and accruals.
- Supports Mobile Specialist to provide customer care and inbox maintenance on mobile platforms for broadcast and peer-to-peer texting programs.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Experience with Excel or databases required.
- Experience working with advocacy tools or customer service preferred.
- EveryAction, VAN, Salesforce, Hustle or Mobile Commons experience a plus but not required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Detail-oriented with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and re-prioritize work as needed.
- A fast learner who is eager to acquire new skills, take initiative, and jump in to help others.
- A strong commitment to race equity and anti-racism work.
- Must embody Planned Parenthood’s tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our colleagues.
- 0 - 5%
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.