Senior Director, Brand Marketing
New York, NY /
Office of Senior Vice President, Communications & Culture (CNC) – Brand & Culture Strategy /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Director of Brand Marketing. This job reports to the Vice President of Brand and Culture Strategy in the Brand and Culture team of PPFA. The Brand and Culture team works to develop and deliver a clear and culturally competent brand expression that strengthens the relationship with our audience, broadens the breadth of our equity, values and beliefs, and drives the organization's external strategies for shifting culture toward positive sexual and reproductive health care and rights.
- Develop and execute long running brand and health marketing strategies and campaigns that elevate the brand and drive more familiarity around our services and support for our brand, including managing integrated initiatives such as brand awareness campaigns, brand and patient reassurance initiatives and product marketing
- Build proactive strategies to elevate Planned Parenthood as a health care provider and communicate the mission of Planned Parenthood.
- Develop strategies and tools that support affiliates brand, marketing efforts and expand brand support amongst key target audiences.
- Develop, leverage and share research, data and insights to help make informed brand strategy and marketing decisions across the Federation.
- Be a key leader for affiliate coordination with brand/marketing divisions and other affiliate leaders, driving marketing coordination across paid and owned activity.
- Identify systems and processes to better support the affiliates to expand brand and marketing work and create/foster collaboration with partners.
- Be a lead ambassador for the brand throughout the Federation, ensuring the organization maintains brand alignment; through campaigns, partnerships and alliances.
- Continue to establish Planned Parenthood as a leader in the public health infrastructure collaborating closely with the Health Care Division, Digital Products and affiliate teams.
- Create ongoing efforts to help employees live the brand and embrace our patient-focused mindset.
- Provide leadership, motivation, and clear direction to cross-functional teams, peers and colleagues, to ensure the achievement of brand and audience goals.
- Work cross-functionally and diplomatically across teams and divisions
- Successfully manage i n-house processes and helps establish brand efficiency across messaging, digital and content
- Lead a team of brand and marketing specialists and ensure close communications amongst the affiliates and national office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years of brand and marketing experience with in-depth understanding of brand strategy, integrated marketing with an emphasis on cause-driven work, and knowledge and/or passion for the reproductive rights movement
- Proven track record of developing and executing integrated health and brand marketing strategies ( across earned, owned and paid) inclusive of cultural marketing, that drive awareness, engagement, and loyalty through best in class programs.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, project manage, show attention to detail, and follow-through to completion
- Proactive, results-oriented, self-starter motivated by an interesting and challenging task
- Passion for Planned Parenthood mission and strong Diversity Equity and Inclusion lens.
- Strong team player with willingness to roll up sleeves, and dive into work streams with a proven track record in managing high functioning teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both analysis and strategy
- Deep understanding of digital and content strategy and experience in building successful audience programs across various mediums.
Starting Salary: 150k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer