2020 Summer Intern-Strategic Partnerships
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Strategic Partnerships
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic 2020 Strategic Partnership Summer Intern. This intern reports to the Specialist of Strategic Partnerships in the Government Relations team of PPFA. It sits within the Policy, Campaigns and Advocacy division which works collaboratively to build the power of our federation through vibrant impactful campaigns, meaningful movement partnerships, policy solutions, and litigation to protect and expand access to reproductive health care nationally. The ideal intern is detail-orientated with great interpersonal skills, flexibility, humor, good judgment, and able to jump in and support the team with needed projects and reports in an effective manner. The intern will be responsible for supporting strategic partnerships team with administrative needs.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs various administrative functions including filing, preparing reports, taking minutes, and maintaining records and tracking engagement.
- Provides information and assistance to partner organizations and affiliates as needed.
- Proactively prepare correspondence and memo briefings as needed.
- Support central projects as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Familiarity with Google applications - sheets, docs, slides, mail, drive.
- Good communication skills.
- Confidentiality requirement—frequently exposed to confidential information.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, progressive social change and empowering communities of color.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.