2020 Summer Intern-Finance
New York, NY
Operations – Finance
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks Finance Summer Intern. This job reports to the Controller and Sr. Dir., Treasury in the Finance Department of PPFA. The Summer Intern in collaboration with Finance team members provides support for the entire accounting and treasury functions within the National Office. Operationally, the Summer Intern liaises with all Finance team members and provides analytical support to enable informed management decision-making.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs account reconciliations.
- Prepares journal entries to be recorded in the general ledger.
- Identifies instances of unclaimed funds, maintains spreadsheet of outstanding items, and works with state authorities to recover.
- Documents Procedures - flowchart x process.
- Participates in the pay order process and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Establishes timeline for audit process.
- Reviews existing banking arrangements and completes a compensating balances analysis to optimize earnings credits to cover banking fees.
- Identifies existing investment fee arrangements and completes and investment fee analysis.
- Identifies optimum approach to warehousing banking and investment documentation and deploys the recommended solution.
- Prepares supporting analytics involving spreadsheets covering kpi's of treasury, banking, and investment performance and other analyses as necessary.
- Provides hands on project management support in key Finance department initiatives including Procure to Pay.
- Works within a team and as an individual to accomplish specific tasks and goals.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- The candidate must be an Accounting, Business Management or Finance major.
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem-solving ability to evaluate problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
- Must be eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, and accountable.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, MS Access and Microsoft Outlook.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Customer focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.