Philanthropy Coordinator, Principal and Major Gifts
San Francisco, CA
Development – Principal & Major Gifts
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Principal and Major Gifts (PMG) team raises money for both Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF). PMG is an area of focused Investment for PPFA. Major gifts are defined as gifts of $25,000 with principal gifts starting at the $250,000 level. This position provides comprehensive administrative, events and research support to the Principal and Major Gifts team in the San Francisco, CA office. This position also provides operations support in close coordination with Facilities, IT and other departments in the New York City office. This position requires someone with initiative, good judgment, and excellent communications skills that can interface professionally with both internal and external constituencies including PPFA staff, donors and volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in preparation of proposals, reports, correspondence, gift acknowledgements, donor/prospect meeting briefings, event briefings, and large-scale donor mailings.
- Assure materials are accurate and packaged in accordance with PPFA text regulations.
- Manage operations for the San Francisco development office.
- Maintain relationships with staff in New York City office to ensure coordination on PMG, facilities, and IT operations.
- Conduct research to gather background information on donors and prospects.
- Support major gifts officers in documenting all fundraising activity in database and hard files.
- Maintain accurate donor files both paper and electronic including donor and revenue tracking spreadsheets and donor database management.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- One or more years of directly related work experience required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES/OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a dynamic, fast-moving team under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to coordinate projects and keep them on track.
- Precise attention to detail; advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PIDI; strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced deadline oriented environment.
- Tolerance of and sensitivity to diversity; and ability to complete multiple tasks with poise, accuracy and confidence.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.