2020 Summer Intern-Gift Planning
New York, NY
Development – Gift Planning
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Gift Planning Summer Intern to assist with portfolio database coding, donor file management, and donor stewardship. The Gift Planning intern will work closely with the Director of Gift Planning on a range of projects focused primarily on donors who give by naming PPFA in their wills/living trusts or financial accounts or establishing life income gifts and on managing gifts processed through estates. The Gift Planning intern will gain a basic understanding of these gift vehicles and what these donors “look like” from a giving perspective.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with the Gifts & Systems Team in the Gift Planning Department.
- Updates Gift Planning donor data, including contact information and field codes, in new Salesforce database.
- Populates Gift Planning gift detail, including estate and life-income gift data, in new Salesforce database.
- Assists with online donor research.
- Assists with gift tracking and reporting.
- Organizes Gift Planning paper files.
- Special projects.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Someone interested in or currently pursuing a degree in marketing or law a plus.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Strong skills with Microsoft, Google, and Salesforce platforms.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Ability to process large amounts of information into a clear and concise format.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Courteous, well spoken, articulate, and have excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.