2020 Summer Intern-Stewardship & Engagement, President’s Circle
New York, NY
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic 2020 President’s Circle Summer Intern to assist the Stewardship Manager, President’s Circle manage the direct response donors giving $1,000 to $24,999 annually. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in donor cultivation and communication, including serving as the liaison for donor service requests, personalized acknowledgments, research and other special initiatives.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with internal database system to manage donor relations through fundraising activities within the mid-level President’s Circle program.
- Assists with planning and execution of personalized cultivation activities and acknowledgments.
- Maintains up to date donor files and reporting.
- Uses donor giving history, wealth screen database overlay and other research tools for planning upgrade and cultivation initiatives of President’s Circle donors and prospects.
- Supports event planning and preparation initiatives within the mid-level program.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a dynamic, fast-moving team under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, projects and priorities with poise, accuracy and confidence, as well as a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to coordinate projects and keep them on track.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment to and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Embody PPFA’s organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our coworkers.
- Confidentiality and discretion is a must.
- We strongly encourage current or former Planned Parenthood Generation Action members and peer educators to apply.
- Donor focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.