Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a dynamic and effective Operations Coordinator to provide operational support to the Organizing and Electoral Campaign (OEC) department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Director of Operations and direct administrative support and day to day calendar and workflow management for the team principal.
- Conduct financial administrative processes for the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns Department including expense tracking, processing payments for contracts and grants, and financial reconciliation.
- Administer contract(s) processes including requesting and executing contracts and grants as well as document management.
- Coordinate support for key meetings including preparation of materials and logistics.
- Serving as the primary operations liaison to the team including administrative support.
- Plan and execute logistics for large scale organizing events and campaigns across multiple departments and Planned Parenthood affiliates including conferences, lobby days, actions, and retreats.
- Managing budget and contracts processes for the team across programs and multiple funding streams/entities including budget tracking and technical assistance to department staff.
- Assisting with internal communications regarding field activities, including reports, newsletters, and updates to senior staff.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- 1 cycle of electoral campaign experience and/ or community/issue based organizing experience preferred.
- 1 cycle of electoral campaign experience or community or issue based organizing experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Calendar and Google Drive required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Experience as a Planned Parenthood staff member or volunteer leader preferred.
- Collaborative work style; able to facilitate amongst diverse teams and individuals.
- Comfortable in ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding.
- Comfortable getting to “yes” in a collaborative, consensus driven style.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible style.
- Outstanding communication skills (spoken, written, presentation).
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- A smart and confident associate with a clear and informed opinion.
- Deep appreciation for mission of PPFA.
- Diplomatic style; and high emotional intelligence.
- Integrity, independent thinking, and personal courage.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.