Senior Project Manager
New York, NY /
Office of the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Human Resources /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Project Manager. This job reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer in the Human Resources department of PPFA. The Human Resources division is a critical partner focused on delivering a progressive people agenda that attracts, develops, and retains top talent and provides them with a great place to work.
- This job is responsible for owning and managing the planning, execution and measurement of multiple complex and multidimensional HR projects and assisting in driving ongoing strategic priorities within the Human Resources department.
- Synthesize big ideas, gather disparate information and determine the best path forward in both, day-to-day and crisis situations.
- Anticipate actions for ongoing work and connect the dots when it comes to emerging themes and issues.
- Strong HR point of view with respect to workforce dynamics, with an ability to lead with influence within HR and in your work with cross departmental colleagues.
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting process for the department; manage all budget updates to Finance.
- Build a project management practice within HR and mentor team members on the best in class practices.
- Manage the planning of complex project activities starting with defining long and short-range goals and supporting the team in successfully executing them.
- Build in diversity, equity & inclusion goals and change management principles at all project life-cycle stages and identify risks, success measures and mitigation strategies.
- Connect HR strategy to staff needs and feedback and creatively message this for all HR projects.
- Build strong relationships with HR colleagues and especially the HR Leadership Team.
- Provide sound data-driven and market-tested guidance to the HR Leadership team in implementing progressive HR solutions for staff.
- Assist the CHRO in driving ongoing strategic priorities within the HR team and continuously further the team’s culture and cohesiveness to position us for the next 5 years.
- Enhance the brand of HR; learn the work at a level that you can explain and defend it as needed; champion the HR staff and their contributions internally and externally.
- Be a trusted advisor to the CHRO. This job works closely with HR colleagues and staff at all levels throughout the organization and leads with influence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with at least 5 years of related, progressively responsible HR experience with strong project management experience
- Experience working with and supporting senior leaders
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, often in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to see, understand and communicate the big picture as well as translate into actionable next steps
- A strong preference for action while retaining the ability to pivot and being pragmatic about the best-laid plans
- Ability to thrive in dynamic and unpredictable situations to find the best way forward
- Ability to lead with authenticity and build trust along the way without formal authority
- Ability to continuously think, question and reason even while being in the weeds
- Demonstrated competence in managing budgets
- Better than average written communication skills and presentation skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- 0-25% (May require minimal travel)
Starting Salary: 120k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer