Manager, Electoral Content Community
Communications & Culture – Digital Content & Campaigns
Full Time - Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks an Electoral Content Community Manager. This job reports to the National Director of Digital Content and Campaigns in the Communications and Culture Division of PPFA. The Communications and Culture Division provides information, education, resources, and care in an effort to engage and grow a diverse base of patients, supporters, and political champions. Reporting to the National Director of Digital Content and Campaigns, the Electoral Content Community Manager thinks strategically and tactically about how Planned Parenthood Votes can use digital and social media to promote its electoral goals in 2020. This person will be responsible for the collaborative design and management of campaign plans and digital materials to be used by both the national and state affiliate organizations. This person will also work closely with our affiliates to advance Planned Parenthood's electoral goals and to develop and implement strategic digital plans that demonstrate our grassroots power.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the National Director, to develop and launch the infrastructure and day-today management for a Planned Parenthood Votes “Social Squad” —a team of energetic supporters and influencers for content creation and distribution of electoral content.
- “Social Squad” managing duties include: developing and adjusting content strategy throughout the cycle, drafting content and templates that will work across platforms, mobilizing the squad to action at key moments during the electoral cycle, being responsive to community on relevant social channels with their questions/ideas, and analysis of content performance in collaboration with Sr. Specialist for Digital Analytics.
- Work with the Digital Content and Campaigns team to help execute on the national digital campaign work that supports our overall electoral goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Social Media Director and other members of the Digital Content and Campaigns team to analyze, and distribute high-performing content by the “Social Squad.”
- Work collaboratively with members of Digital Content and Campaigns, team, Digital Organizing team, and direct response team to ensure strategic and integrated recruitment and regular communications with PP “Social Squad” members.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Project management skills.
- Experience with online CRMs a plus.
- Basic graphics skills a plus
- Broad experience in managing social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Experience developing and implementing online content for non-profit advocacy organizations or national organizing campaigns.
- Experience with developing metrics reports.
- Knowledge of social media listening, social media management, and analytics tools.
- Ability to handle multiple priority projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to gain buy-in from multiple parties in a collaborative environment.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Proven track record of working online to organize diverse supporters and constituencies, including communities of color and LGBTQ individuals is a plus.
- Proven record of accomplishment of meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Thrives in a campaign style environment with rapid-fire deadlines and responses.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.