2020 Summer Intern-Donor Services
New York, NY
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Donor Services Summer Intern. The Donor Services Intern is a key contact to internal and external customers in providing quality support to donors, corporate companies, agencies and affiliates. As one of the first representatives of PPFA a supporter encounters, the Intern needs to be courteous, professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The Intern will work with the Donor Services team to ensure that all donor calls and emails are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles donor-related issues and opportunities. Interacts with donors and general public via phone, mail, and e-mail to provide information in response to inquires about the organization, specific donation concerns, and complaints.
- Working with Donor Services team members, resolves complaints, comments, and information requests on a timely basis to ensure donor satisfaction.
- Updates donor records with solicitation preferences and contact updates.
- Prepares donor files for duplicate gift acknowledgements, and prints and sends duplicate acknowledgements as needed.
- Takes and processes credit card donations as well as refunds.
- Provides data entry and administrative support to the Donor Services team.
- Reads and responds to email inquiries from supporters and the general public.
- Other special projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Someone interested in or currently pursuing a degree in marketing or law a plus.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Strong skills with Microsoft, Google, and Salesforce platforms.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills are necessary to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Google and be internet savvy. Must be able to work with little or no supervision and multi-task effectively.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Courteous, well spoken, articulate, and have excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.