2020 Summer Intern-Online Appointment Scheduling
New York, NY
Health Care – Digital Products
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Do you want a purpose-driven internship experience that will set you apart from others? Are you interested in sharing and learning more about the impact digital technology has on defining user behavior and expectations? Would you like the opportunity to work in a healthcare non-profit setting, where you can be part of a diverse team AND feel like your contributions make a difference? If this is you, keep reading.
Planned Parenthood believes everyone should have access to the information and services they need to make informed, empowered decisions about their sexual and reproductive health. The Digital Product team is working hard to make this happen, and we need dedicated, smart individuals to help us do it. To accomplish this, we’re growing our (already) cross-functional teams to make them better. Our goal is to meet the needs of those we serve by providing them with digital tools that support and enhance their lives. So come help us care, no matter what.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Online Appointment Scheduling (OAS) Summer Intern who will be responsible for supporting all project related tasks for the Online Appointment Scheduling and patient engagement project.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the team by providing relevant market research; specifically identifying industry trends, and deliverables that are aligned with program goals and priorities.
- Steward the management of highly visible project documents (e.g. tasks, timelines and trackers) used by key stakeholders (with supervision from Associate Director).
- Management of content and communication for program intranet page (with supervision from Associate Director).
- Collaboration across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Reviewing large datasets, analyzing data and creating reports for project stakeholders as required.
- Coordinating of meetings/calls including taking of minutes and follow up activities.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Ideal candidate should be both creative and analytical.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires a strong sense of ownership and action, but still respects the value of team collaboration.
- Familiarity with relevant social media platforms and client engagement.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail while able to multi-task.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.