Associate Director, Financial Analyst
Health Care – Health Care Operations
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Associate Director, Financial Analyst. In this role you will work with subject matter experts and affiliate staff to analyze data and guide decisions pertaining to new service models and sustainability of models. They are responsible for collecting, refining, analyzing, interpreting and reporting financial data related to affiliate operations and healthcare delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with multiple PPFA departments, teams and stakeholders to identify program specific quantifiable measures and outcomes for analysis.
- Assists in developing methodology, metrics and measuring standards for specified initiatives.
- Assists in developing tools and processes for monitoring impacts and outcomes of initiatives and/or sustainability models.
- Perform complex analysis on the fiscal impact of proposed and adopted initiatives.
- Performs sustainability modeling, sensitivity and variance analysis and other qualitative or quantitative analyses.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of methodologies, tools and guidance.
- Drafts reports and presentations based on analysis; may act as presenter or assist in presentations.
- Provides departmental support for quality management and assurance as it pertains to assigned analytics.
- Assists with training pertaining to reporting methodologies.
- Stays current on established PPFA metrics, Elements of Performance (EOPs), Medical Standards and Guidelines, and industry healthcare and financial trends.
- Participates in cross-departmental committees concerning areas of core mission. Maintains strong connections with the other departments and divisions across PPFA.
- Provides training, technical assistance and consulting to affiliates including best practices in patient flow, health center design, scheduling, and staffing with a goal of achieving measurable performance improvements as a subject matter expert on the Team Centered Patient Care Team (TCPC).
- Involves Business Operations consultants from other functional areas as needed. Conducts all business in a way that is respectful, fiscally conservative, and focused on outcomes.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of PPFA and work with others in a culturally competent way.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a healthcare analytics environment.
- 3 to 5 years of experience directly related to business and or data analysis.
- Planned Parenthood experience desirable.
- Strong computer and data processing skills with proficiency in excel and google sheets formulas and functions.
- Experience with SQL desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with healthcare operations.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with developed skills in problem resolution.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to superior customer service and the ability to work well with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems with potential solutions in a highly professional, confidential and sensitive manner.
- Excellent analytical skills with sharp attention to detail and the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Knowledge of non-profit fiscal management and financial analysis and forecasting.
- Knowledge of revenue cycle and healthcare finance in general.
- Self-motivator with ability to control own schedule.
- Have familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities Planned Parenthood serves, including an appreciation for the assets of each community and understanding of the institutional barriers to health care that currently exist.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.