Administrative Manager, Membership Affairs
New York, NY
Office of the General Counsel – Office of the SVP General Counsel
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Administrative Manager who will report to the National Director, Membership and Board Affairs. This person will provide administrative and budget management support to their colleagues in the Membership and Board Affairs department as well as customer service support to the Boards of Directors, Affiliate Chief Executives and Affiliate Board Leaders on the Committees of the Federation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to the Membership and Board Affairs Department in their fulfillment of their purposes.
- Act as the budget manager and procurement specialist for the Membership and Board Affairs Department.
- Coordinate all meeting planning logistics on behalf of the Membership and Board Affairs Department.
- Administer the Membership and Board Affairs calendar, Board portal and membership portal.
- Timely and accurate Travel Expense Reports, Volunteer Reimbursement Forms, WORKS reconciliations, Pay Orders, budget planning tools and expense tracking reports for the Membership and Board Affairs Department and timely, accurate and cost-effective arrangements with venue, catering, audio-visual, transportation and other vendors in connection with the various in-person and telephonic stakeholder meetings sponsored by the Membership and Board Affairs Department.
- Other projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office, presentation, spreadsheet, database, and form creation, and charting software.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good project management skills, including planning, budgeting, time management and problem resolution.
- Meeting planning experience a plus.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Willing to step in where additional assistance is needed and able to step up when other team members are overwhelmed or out of commission.
- Strong interpersonal skills ○ Able to provide customer service support to Board and committee members.
- Able to partner with and support colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable working with multicultural workforce; sensitivity to and appreciation of differences in background, culture and experience.
- Able to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and maintain focus on identified goals and objectives.
- Able to identify and effectively communicate to leadership issues that are impeding their ability to achieve their job deliverables and deadlines.
- Able to work, learn, and quickly adapt under pressure in a fast-paced, highly innovative, rapidly changing environment.
- Comfortable with technology and committed to working with paper-reduced work processes.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.