New York, NY
Operations – Facilities
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a skilled and dynamic Facilities
Manager. The Facilities Manager is responsible for operations within the Mailroom, including but not limited to procurement, reprographics, post and shipping, vendor management, process review, and reporting. They are the primary point of contact for Mailroom services, engaging with staff across the organization and fostering cross-departmental relationships. This job reports to the Associate Director, Facilities in the Operations Division of PPFA. The Operations Division provides efficient business solutions with a priority on customer service throughout the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees day-to-day Mailroom operations under guidance from the Associate Director, Facilities. This requires functional capabilities in the related services as well as supervision of the Mailroom Specialist in that role.
- Identifying areas of improvement and providing recommendations to the Associate Director, Facilities.
- Consistent, proactive engagement with staff and the ability to understand staff needs and
- identify effective, actionable solutions.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable industry certification and experience.
- 5 years related work experience, with specific exposure to procurement processes and reprographics operations.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Methodical, precise work habits.
- Equally comfortable with independent work and collaborative efforts.
- Emotionally intelligent and responsive to a variety of situations.
- Technically capable with standard systems (MS Office, Google) as well as industry-relevant tools, e.g. procurement workflows, ticketing systems, reporting dashboards.
- Adaptable and nimble in a dynamic work environment.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.