Senior Video Producer
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Creative team within the Brand and Culture Department has an opportunity for a Senior Video Producer. This person provides substantive editorial, technical, and storytelling expertise to help ensure that Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund's video content is strategic, on-brand and of the highest quality. The senior producer reports to the Video Director, work closely with the Senior Creative Director, and will be responsible for:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Producing projects from start to finish; including but not limited to developing proposals, planning, scheduling, shooting, directing, and editing projects with a small team.
- Overseeing larger scaled projects, working directly with production companies to ensure every project is on-brand, high-quality, and delivered on time.
- Producing a variety of work including both short and long-form video content used for social platforms, digital ads, commercial broadcast, websites, special events, and core campaigns.
- Ensuring high-quality concepts are brought to production, pitching ideas and working with internal teams to strengthen concepts and generate video concepts. Working with Video Director to ensure projects ladder up to the creative content strategy and meet the needs and goals of larger campaigns and initiatives.
- Navigating development, production, and post-production processes with internal teams across the national organization, ensuring all stakeholders’ feedback is considered and approvals are negotiated and communicated internally.
- Working closely with the Video Director and creative team members to develop strategic video concepts. Staying abreast of developments and trends in the field and innovative work by other organizations, companies and creative agencies, and applying this insight into to PPFA's work.
- Directing vendor partners and production crews as needed on the ground for video shoots, and ensuring brand consistency and ethical and legal guidelines are met throughout the production process, (including casting, outreach, screen-testing and production.)
- Managing the process and scheduling of projects to ensure that work moves through the proper reviews channels and approval and that deadlines are met.
- Juggling an often large volume of work effectively, balancing extremely tight turnaround projects with long-lead work and ensuring that projects are on track and that supervisor and other staff are updated about the status of projects.
- Producing videos start to finish: From pitching ideas, to managing production logistics, to shooting and directing specific pieces on site, under strategic guidance from the Video Director and/or Creative Director. Presents ideas to other teams, and is a leading team member in shaping content strategy for video work.
- Working with the Creative team to maintain the quality—and push the boundaries—of the PP brand as it pertains to video.
- Collaborating with our Senior Motion Designer, on strong animation content as it pertains to video needs.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Education: (Preferred but not required) Bachelors Degree, plus additional related college courses or professional training in related field.
- At least 8+ years of directly related work experience, including experience in with multi-camera shoots, editing and packaging projects, and production management functions.
- Demonstrated experience working with outside vendors, pre and managing projects.
- Understanding of a range of distribution strategies and how storytelling and producing varies for each need.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to plan projects on very tight deadlines, and must be able to turn around shooting and editing projects on tight deadlines.
- Collaborates regularly with staff in other departments/divisions to develop and produce products to support others' work. Ensures that systems meet other staffs’ needs. Interacts with outside vendors and organizational spokespeople on logistics.
- Mentoring of junior video staff as needed
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong video editing skills and ability to turn videos around quickly.
- Strong production and storytelling experience.
- Experience drafting pitches, scripts, outlines and storyboards for original content production.
- Strong video shooting and editing skills, including current multimedia production technology.
- Camera: (Sony FS7, Sony A6500, Canon 5D cameras).
- Editing Software: Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Expert knowledge of different video specs and formats.
- Has online video publishing and file transfer expertise.
- Expert knowledge of video and audio production and post-production equipment
- Knowledge of lighting for video.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience and understanding of digital media world.
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to quality, results, and superior performance.
- Comfortable editing quickly under short timelines.
- Comfortable transcribing and captioning projects.
- Understands branded and branded campaign work.
- Passion and drive for social good and the PPFA mission
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
- The ideal candidate has a portfolio of high-level, on-brand videos, across a range of subjects, content streams, and campaigns.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.