Administrative Coordinator, Strategic Partnerships
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Strategic Partnerships
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Coordinator will work with Strategic Partnerships team, and report directly to the National Director of Strategic Partnerships. The ideal coordinator is detail-oriented with great interpersonal skills, flexibility, humor, good judgment, and able to jump in and support the team with needed projects and reports in an effective manner. The Coordinator will be responsible for supporting strategic partnerships team with administrative needs.
This position reports to: National Director, Strategic Partnerships
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support National Director of Strategic Partnerships with scheduling and administrative support.
- Support note taking and meeting set-up for internal cross-departmental meetings, as well as external partner meetings.
- Manage and maintain partnership database in coordination with the Partnerships Specialist.
- Facilitate and track external partner requests working in concert with the Strategic
- Partnerships team and other departments.
- Project manager; tackling major logistical pieces and driving the team’s execution for events and major projects to ensure we are efficient, organized and communicating clearly with staff, hitting our deadlines and reaching our listed goals. Including support on material creation, presentations, and collateral for the team.
- Process invoicing, memorandum of understandings (MOUs), tracking pay orders, contracts, grants and reimbursements.
- Responsible for administrative support that includes: arranging partner travel and lodging requests, ordering materials and supplies for events, processing contract requests , reconciling expenses , and tracking team expenditures and creating team reports.
- Manage event logistics including volunteer recruitment for Planned Parenthood partnership events and conferences.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Experience providing administrative support in fast paced environments.
- Experience with Google Drive Products (Calendar, GoogleDocs, Excel, etc.).
- Database management experience is a plus.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast‐paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience planning and overseeing events (scheduling, coordination, logistics, volunteer and seating management).
- Able to manage competing priorities working closely with other Planned Parenthood departments and divisions.
- A good communicator; able to synthesize and clearly share information, both in writing and verbally.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, able to work with a multicultural workforce and will have sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Possess the ability to jump in and support with projects and reports in an effective manner when needed.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, progressive social change, empowering communities and reproductive health, rights and justice.
- Detail‐oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible with a good sense of humor and judgment.
- Unflappable in times of crisis and high stress.
- Maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.