2020 Summer Intern-PPX
New York, NY
Health Care – Planned Parenthood Experience
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
The Planned Parenthood Experience (PPX) is a bold strategic initiative co-created with a wide variety of Planned Parenthood Affiliate stakeholders. The initiative aims to improve the experience of both employees and patients with the overarching goals of expanding access to high quality healthcare, improving health equity in the communities we serve, enhancing health outcomes and reducing abortion stigma.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Summer Intern to assist in the Planned Parenthood Experience department. Under the supervision of the Associate Director, the intern will coordinate, oversees, and/or performs a wide variety of projects to support the Planned Parenthood Experience Team. The intern is chiefly responsible for assisting in the organization of information, training and data analytics activities provided by PPX.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help redesign the department’s intranet, organize the departmental drive, standardize the look and feel of documents, etc.
- Support in planning and execution of major affiliate training's to support the roll out of the employee engagement initiative – In This Together (logistical planning and support, content material development).
- Drafts statistical, narrative, and/or other reports as directed.
- Other projects as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Interested in experience design (for patient and employee experience) – to develop new concepts and new designs.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice.
- Seasoned collaborator—able to work effectively across multiple divisions internally, soliciting feedback and input from significant stakeholder groups nationally.
- Unflappable with excellent interpersonal skills, building strong and effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail while able to multi-task.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.