2020 Summer Intern-Global Partnership
New York, NY
Operations – Global Administration
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
For more than 45 years, Planned Parenthood Global, the international arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, has worked overseas to break down barriers to health care. In partnership with more than 100 organizations across Africa and Latin America, we advance the health and rights of young people, women, and families, with an emphasis on the most vulnerable and underserved.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Global Partnerships summer intern who will report to the Associate Director of Global Partnerships to ensure the efficient and effective function of various processes that contribute to the development and implementation of quality programs for Planned Parenthood Global. The intern will help determine and lead initiatives that enhance the organizational capacity of the division to enable growth of its three main programs — advocacy, service delivery and social norms.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates administrative functions and daily operations for the Global Advisory Board. Monitors the annual budget, and ensures that board and committee activities are well-documented and that appropriate filing and archiving of information occurs.
- Understands and maintains current knowledge of PP Global Advisory Board mission, bylaws and membership. Generates special reports for the Associate Director of Global Partnerships, Executive Director of Planned Parenthood Global and Board Chair for internal and external use.
- Facilitates the planning, preparation, implementation and follow-up for business meetings of the board and membership and provides support to the Associate Director of Global Partnerships in preparation of these meetings.
- Develops board/committee meeting schedule, agenda, and provides background materials for board deliberations.
- Facilitates and expedites shared learning between PP Global, PPFA Development and Corporate Partners teams.
- Manage consultants & specialists.
- Holds regular meetings with the PPFA Development team to further advance PPG’s development goals.
- Supports the Associate Director of Global Partnerships as they oversee the Global Youth Ambassador (GYA) Fellowship Program in coordination with affiliate staff and the Public Policy team.
- Coordinates any program planning and fellowship documentation for GYAs as they prepare for their learning exchanges with PP Global partner organizations in Latin America and Africa.
- Develops and manages the GYA newsletter for current fellows and alumni.
- Develops program monitoring and evaluation documents, and participates in program meetings/check-ins with GYAs and PP Global staff.
- Monitors PP Global’s annual overarching strategic plan and budget for conference participation.
- Supports the Associate Director of Global Partnerships to fully understand and execute the priorities and goals of the PP Global Inc. at international conferences.
- Manages special projects as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Excellent computer skills, including high proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of diverse groups and the ability to work with a multicultural workforce required.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- An ability to quickly triage competing interests such that those which are most important are given the direct attention of the team. The knowledge to determine which problems and challenges can be resolved independently and the ability to make it so.
- Collaborative work style, able to facilitate amongst diverse communities and individuals; can inspire top performance in others.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.