Manager, Medical Standards
Health Care – Medical Services
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Manager, Medical Standards. This role will provide medical support to Planned Parenthood affiliates and the wider medical community through a variety of cross-functional, complex activities and special projects. Projects focus on supporting Planned Parenthood affiliate medical staff, integrating PPFA Medical Standards and Guidelines, enhancing the delivery of medical services, and promoting quality of care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads and/or assists with initiatives to enhance affiliate medical services and quality of care. Serves as content specialist in support of cross-divisional projects and workgroups.
- Creates support tools, educational materials, and presentations in clinical content areas using state of the art technologies.
- Assists with updates and revisions to the PPFA Manual of Medical Standards and Guidelines.
- Supports development and implementation of programs to support and mentor affiliate medical staff.
- Participates in the production of the annual National Medical Committee Meeting, assisting with content planning including CME/CNE and other activities.
- Provides support to the National Medical Committee.
- Responsible for leading and supporting federation-wide initiatives with the support and guidance of Senior Director, Medical Services and Director, Medical Standards.
- Responsible for making routine, moderate expenditures with prior approval from supervisor or department head.
- When designated as project lead, will be responsible for supervision of team members to ensure that project deliverables are met. Will hire and supervise consultants on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- RN, Advanced Practice Nurse, or Physician Assistant required.
- 3-5 years providing direct patient care and demonstrated progressively responsible project support and management experience.
- Proficiency or ability to learn computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Google suite.
- Demonstrated literature search abilities.
- Familiarity with statistics.
- Public speaking ability or ability to learn.
- Willingness to travel – at least four weeks/year.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service.
- Strong commitment to Planned Parenthood.
- Additional consideration given to applicants with experience in a Planned Parenthood affiliate.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.