Donor Services Coordinator, Sustainer Program
New York, NY /
Office of the Chief Development Officer (CDO) – Direct Response /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
PPFA seeks a dynamic and effective Coordinator to assist with a number of key department tasks, primarily in support of the monthly giving program, as well as providing quality customer service support to supporters. As one of the first representatives of PPFA a supporter encounters, the Coordinator must be courteous, professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience required.
● 1-2 years of directly-related, progressively responsible experience in non-profit work,
direct response marketing, project management, and/or revenue operations. Experience
with Monthly Giving program a plus.
● Highly proficient with Excel, Google
● Database experience strongly preferred, familiarity with EveryAction or Salesforce a
● Research ability
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
● Strong customer service/interpersonal skills.
● Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
● Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
● Uses good discretion with sensitive information.
● Demonstrated ability to multi-task, learn and process information quickly, and exercise
good judgment when dealing with a wide variety of people.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with supporters via telephone, email and mail in a way that cultivates a bond with the organization. Engage donors promptly and professionally.
- Ensure timely entry of sustaining gifts both in-house and at cashiering, telemarketing, and canvassing vendors.
- Help manage all aspects of updating credit card information and cancellations. Ensure that gifts are processed in a timely manner and systems are working properly.
- Follow proper data collection, methods and rules for all entry pertaining to monthly gifts, including guidelines for handling customer service issues and evaluating program effectiveness.
- Help maintain and optimize data integrity.
- Assist with the QC of thousands of records during our billing and lapsed donor recapture processes.
- Address donor requests and inquiries (by phone, email, mail, and database case ticketing system) that are monthly giving related.
- Collaborate with third party vendors on projects that impact the acquisition of new monthly supporters.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Capabilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work experience required.
- 1-2 years of directly-related, progressively responsible experience in non-profit work, direct response marketing, project management, and/or revenue operations. Experience with Monthly Giving program a plus.
- Highly proficient with Excel, Google
- Database experience strongly preferred, familiarity with EveryAction or Salesforce a plus.
- Research ability
- Strong customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Uses good discretion with sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, learn and process information quickly, and exercise good judgment when dealing with a wide variety of people.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.