New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Video Producer to provide substantive editorial and technical expertise to help ensure that Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s video content is on-brand, resonates with audiences and is of the highest quality. The Video Producer reports to the Director of Video and will bring superior production experience and skilled story-telling to support their editing expertise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proven experience as a strong video editor who can turn high-quality pieces around quickly.
- Experience producing and editing both short- and long-form content.
- Strong editorial experience in production and post-production process.
- Shoots and edits video, manages shoot logistics, and interfaces with contract shooters and editors. Has primary responsibility for simple in-house video and shoots (such as direct-to-camera videos for affiliate events and coalition efforts).
- Works closely with the Director of Video to develop ideas into proposals. Stays abreast of developments in the field and innovative work by other organizations, and applies them to PPFA’s work.
- Pitches brand content and video concepts and ideas to creative team. Manages and shapes video content when working with internal clients and teams.
- Develops and adjusts systems for organizing/archiving videos and related assets in collaboration with the digital asset manager.
- Juggles an often large volume of work effectively, balancing extremely tight turnaround projects with long-lead work and ensuring that projects are on track and that supervisor and other staff are regularly updated about the status of projects.
- Collaborates regularly with staff in other departments/divisions to develop and produce products to support others' work. Ensures that systems meet other staff’s needs. Interacts with outside vendors and organizational spokespeople on logistics.
- Completes other projects and tasks (potentially a heavy volume) as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's Degree, plus additional related college courses or professional training in related field is required.
- 5-7 years of directly related work experience, including experience in with multi-camera shoots, editing and packaging, as well as production management functions.
- Strong video editing skills and ability to turn videos around quickly.
- Strong production and storytelling experience.
- Experience drafting scripts, outlines and storyboards for original content production.
- Strong video shooting and editing skills, including current multimedia production technology.
- (Canon DSLR cameras), Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro 7/Studio.
- Expert knowledge of different video formats and video file conversions.
- Expert knowledge of converting video files from multiple formats.
- Has online video publishing and file transfer expertise.
- Expert knowledge of video and audio production and post-production equipment.
- Knowledge of lighting for video.
- After Effects experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience and understanding of digital media world.
- Please provide a link to a sample reel of your work. The ideal candidate has a portfolio of high level, on-brand videos and animations across a range of subjects, content streams and campaigns.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to plan projects on very tight deadlines, and must be able to turn around shooting and editing projects on very tight deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Creative thinker.
- Very strong verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly articulate reproductive health issues and advocacy issues.
- Commitment to quality, results, and superior performance.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural work force and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.