Senior Director, Development (CFP)
New York, NY
Development – Principal & Major Gifts
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Director, Collaborative Fundraising Program (CFP). This role works in concert with the VP, Development to expand and maintain the CFP program under the direction of the Strategic Vision for Planned Parenthood Federation Fundraising over four phases including marketing, discovery, implementation and ongoing program management. The successful candidate will work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders consisting of affiliate leaders and PPFA Development professionals to execute a growth plan for CFP. In addition to guiding the guiding the CFP growth plan, the candidate will also play an integral role in helping to support the work of the newly created revenue Committee of the Membership. Aided by a Associate Director and Administrative Specialist, the Senior Director will play an integral role in helping to move a bold vision for the future of fundraising for the Planned Parenthood Federation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the ongoing management for the Collaborative Fundraising Program (CFP) as defined in the Memo of Understanding (MOU) and the Playbook.
- Plan and implement the bi-annual affiliate CFP CDO Summit as well as other affiliate PPFA leadership meetings both in person and remote as needed.
- Develop and refine the process of on-boarding new partners into the program.
- Build relationships with key constituents for the implementation of the program.
- Work with the VP to follow up on new partner interest in joining the program including preparation of materials, presenting to interested parties including affiliate CDOs, CFOs, CEOs and board leadership.
- Lead an ongoing CFP workgroup consisting of cross-team PPFA Development professionals.
- Work in partnership with the VP, Development and the CDO to staff the Revenue Committee of the Membership.
- Participate as a member of the Development Leadership Team.
- Supervises the CFP Associate Director and Specialist.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of direct fundraising and development management experience with proven results.
- Understanding of how to develop and deploy a comprehensive communication strategy.
- Lead the process of goal development at all levels of operation and track progress against the goals established.
- Manage projects including timelines, roles, responsibilities and co-dependencies of work.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Overall fundraising program management a plus.
- Lead using influence, rather than possessing direct authority of others, being sensitive, yet direct in both verbal and written communications
- Drive and track results among multiple decision-makers and actors to meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment.
- Lead and drive results in a complex organization, achieving alignment between often conflicting priorities, initiatives and people.
- Dedicated to meeting internal and external customers needs and expectations while maintaining effective relationships through integrity and trust.
- Quickly gain the trust and respect of others, drive collaboration, build a teamwork environment, search for the win/win scenarios.
- Successfully navigate through complex, politically-charged situations while seeking to understand the dynamics and culture of the organization, anticipate problems and negotiate solutions with executives and peers.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.