2020 Summer Intern-IT Operations
New York, NY
Operations – Information Technology
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood believes everyone should have access to the information and services they need to make informed, empowered decisions about their health. To accomplish this, we’re growing our (already) great teams to make them even greater. The greater you are, the greater we become, the greater the things we can accomplish together. The Information Technology group is working hard to make this happen, and we need dedicated, smart individuals to help us do it. Our goal is to enable teams across the national and affiliate levels do great things by providing best in breed shared services, federation-wide. So come help us care, no matter what.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Summer Intern to assist in the IT Operations department.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting and optimizing our Global IT network infrastructure.
- Working with our IT Operations team to develop and improve processes for support.
- Helping to manage highly visible PPFA project documents (e.g. tasks, timelines and trackers) that are used by vendors, IT, and affiliate staff (with supervision from Project leaders)Analyzing data and identify trends.
- Create reports for stakeholders as needed.
- Administering of user accounts with key partners and applications. Coordinating meetings/calls and optimize audio visual technology for presentations.
- Creating documentation and diagrams for key SaaS applications, workflows, support processes and network.
- Other responsibilities as defined by Manager based on interest and career growth.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be a driven self-starter looking to make things happen, but still a team player
- Customer focused
- Proficiency in Google Applications
- Familiarity with social media and client engagement.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Customer focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.