Specialist, Data Services
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Specialist, Data Services. This role will be responsible for the primary support and training functions of the team and includes interfacing with affiliates and federation staff on tools support and coaching. The position is also responsible for all training from the Data and Analytics team and support for additional national-level trainings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide timely, comprehensive support and training to affiliate organizing and data staff on data management systems, field data management best practices, and targeting, including tool VAN, EveryAction, P2P Texting, and Tableau Reports.
- Manage user engagement and proactive communications.
- Maintain documentation and disseminate tool-use best practices.
- Administer affiliate and national staff accounts and access levels on data management systems.
- Assist with synchronization of digital and field data platforms.
- Collaborate with vendors and consultants to implement field programs in an organized fashion, including pulling counts and lists, developing experiments, and developing summary materials to explain outcomes and lessons learned.
- Supporting 2019 and 2021 training calendar events.
- Support for cross-departmental training team.
- Project management of training curricula design.
- Providing input and enforcing use of best practices in development of curricula.
- Traveling to trainings as needed (Less than 10% travel). Managing training and support calendar & convening meetings, including meetings convened by Data and Analytics team.
- Development and project management of field support tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible professional experience is required.
- 1 year of experience as a high-level user in VAN or VoteBuilder is required.
- 2 years of experience working with advocacy or electoral campaign data tools in a professional setting.
- Intermediate knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Excel or other Spreadsheet software is required.
- Experience managing user support or customer service via support tickets is highly desirable.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A commitment to customer service and problem-solving as goals in-and-of themselves.
- High attention to detail and strong organization ability.
- A self-starter who can own and bring projects to completion.
- Proven experience providing end-user support and customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to learn new skills and adapt to changing technology.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.