Security Program Manager
New York, NY
Operations – Security
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Global Safety and Security (GSS) team is seeking a dynamic experienced Program Manager to provide strategic support to the Director of Affiliate Security and Vice President/ Chief Security Officer (CSO). The incumbent will use their experience in a fast-paced environment to initiate and support different components of this dynamic and growing team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple projects.
- Facilitate the creation of user documentation, best practices, and training materials.
- Proactively track the progress of all key initiatives and provide regular metrics for work conducted and/or the support the Affiliate Security program has provided.
- Partner with the Director of Affiliate Security to develop an understanding of operational processes used by Affiliate Security and assist in the creation of best practices.
- Communicate frequently with project stakeholders; write and present regular project status reports.
- Meet with partners as directed, to understand and interpret needs and translating business concepts into high level requirements.
- Work with Leadership to maintain the Global Safety and Security intranet pages.
- Create documents, presentations, forms, fillable PDFs, spreadsheets, and charts, as needed.
- Prepare internal and standardized external communications.
- Use initiative to look for new technology, platforms, software and methods for improved security program management.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 years of program management related work experience.
- Ability to develop and manage detailed project plans by coordinating with Leadership and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of project management methods, tools and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google desktop applications, iWorks, Adobe Acrobat, as well as project management programs.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Prior security experience is useful, but not required.
- Attention to detail, self-motivated and ability to work independently are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively liaise with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural, detail-oriented environment.
- Fast learner and creative problem solver.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.