New York, NY /
Office of the Senior Vice President & General Counsel (OGC) – Office of the SVP General Counsel /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a highly organized, detail- oriented, diplomatic Contracts Specialist to support the Contract Administration team (Senior Director (SD) and Associate Director (AD) of Contract Administration) within the Office of General Counsel (OGC), supporting progress of grants and contracts, organization compliance with policies and processes, working with other departments, vendors and stakeholders, as necessary.
The Contracts Specialist will provide top-notch organizational and contract administration support to help implement the programs and processes of the department.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Contract Administration and is based in the NYC office of PPFA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Contracts Specialist supports SD and AD with the following, as needed, process administration and drafting of agreements, grants, sponsorships, commercial co-ventures, intellectual property licenses and related legal documents making consistent use of OGC templates, including deference to policies on content;
- Trademark searches and filings, as well as commercial co-venture filings with Offices of Attorneys General;
- Building, maintaining and working within OGC proprietary systems, databases and directories;
- Construction and analysis of reports;
- Coordination of Contract Administration work with internal legal staff and outside counsel;
- Implementation of OGC initiatives, including education and enforcement of compliance with PPFA/OGC policies, as well as state/federal regulations and industry standards;
- Interaction with organizational clients, stakeholders and business partners;
- Adapting to changing demands and shifting priorities, always with a view to delivering high-quality support and service; and
- General office support.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a general support role in contract administration, or other related background in contracts.
- Ability to perform to tight and changeable deadlines.
- Talent for organization, efficiency, and proactive improvement of the status quo.
- Dexterity in G Suite, Word, Excel, form creation (Word or Adobe).
- Excellent communication (oral/written)skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively and take direction.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player and collaborate with colleagues at different levels of seniority within the department and organization.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter, ready to work as part of a team, willing to learn and who will make logical connections and apply knowledge from one task to another.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize without direction.
- Unflinching commitment to exceptional work product.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.