New York, NY
Office of the General Counsel – Office of the SVP General Counsel
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Risk Analyst who will report to the Senior Director, Enterprise Risk Management. The Risk & Ethics Specialist is the go-to internal resource for conducting third-party risk review, analysis and reporting by performing an initial assessment of all external parties and companies who seek to do business with the national office to minimize the organization’s exposure to potential brand, operational, and financial risk. In this role you will further advance the Risk & Ethics by developing and supporting a range of risk-based initiatives to promote staff awareness and engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the primary point of contact for vendors, consultants, exhibitors and other third parties with
- which the national office does business and internal contract originators regarding the partner intake process.
- Provide partners with guidance, assistance and technical support regarding the online partner intake system to shepherd them through the online partner intake system, to resolve issues that arise in completing the intake process, to request additional information, and to convey the results of the intake process.
- Perform preliminary partner due diligence utilizing public documents, online resources, and review of vendor insurance documents.
- Perform conflict of interest inquiries and coordinate with General Counsel to ensure that all conflicts of interest are reviewed in accordance with policy.
- Identify and coordinate with the Global Safety and Security, and Information Security regarding partners requiring additional diligence review.
- Coordinate with the Finance department regarding partner clearance.
- Maintain partner records in customer relationship management (CRM) system and produce periodic and adhoc reports relating to the partner intake process.
- Manage and maintain the Risk & Ethics risk register data and ERM platform to conduct quarterly reporting and monitoring process working with staff and leadership.
- Manage staff engagement by developing and disseminating risk management best practices/content and other resources via email, internal Intranet, etc.
- Provide administrative support during the annual renewals of the National Office insurance portfolios including renewal applications, compiling relevant exposures from operational and programmatic areas, and maintaining policy documentation.
- Conduct legal research as requested.
- Complete special projects as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, from an accredited college or university.
- 3 years work experience relevant to Vendor management, Operational or Enterprise Risk, or related subject matter.
- Strong excel skills including the ability to manage and format large amounts of data and perform analysis, create charts and dashboards.
- Familiarity with Salesforce platform is a plus.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of risk management and insurance industries, including industry trends and best practices.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to support and work with others to achieve goals and objectives, and meet deadlines.
- Time management skills with the ability to manage competing deadlines on various projects, to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to manage interruptions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to both partner with and provide strong guidance to associates of all levels throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences.
- Self-motivated and highly focused.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.