Grants & Contracts Manager
Operations – Latin America Reg Office (LARO)
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Grants & Contracts Manager. The incumbent is responsible for implementing all aspects of grants and contracts management of funding opportunities for partners and working collaboratively to ensure compliance with PPFA internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. This role will provide support to the Director, Global Operations and Strategy to ensure the objectives of the Global Operations strategic plan are implemented effectively. This is a mid-level position in grants and contracts administration and will support the functional areas including, but not limited to: activities related to the full lifecycle of PPFA’s sponsored funding opportunities including identification of funding sources, proposal preparation, submission, award/contract negotiation and acceptance, sub-award issuance, monitoring of expenditures, accrual reports, and post-award administration (both financial and non-financial) related to funding provided in the form of gifts, grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts from external/internal funding sources (e.g., government agencies, private companies, or foundations) ; and all aspects for the successful management of partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs, implements and monitors grants and contracts management workflow processes, and procedures; transforms and oversees the continual improvement of grants and contracts management operational systems, processes and policies including automation of manual coding and quality assurance processes; develops, writes, maintains and implements all grants and contracts management policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintenance of grants and contracts management database and tools/systems.
- Assists in reviewing, finalizing, and managing grant and contracts budgets/proposals for field programs and donors.
- Reviews grant progress and financial reports (PFRs) and works closely with program staff to resolve and follow up on grant financial and audit issues.
- Work with a diversified team to ensure successful grants and contracts management.
- Provides links between program, finance, information technology, legal affairs and other staff so that all activities related to grant data collection and reporting are smoothly implemented.
- Assist Program Officers in resolving financial questions directly related to active award portfolio.
- Ensure compliance with PPFA financial policies and procedures and grantor/donor requirements.
- Review, revise, submit, defend, and negotiate awards, award amendments, award revisions, waiver requests, award closeouts and other award deliverables as appropriate.
- Ensure that all award files are maintained up to date, complete, and easily accessible per award management standards and document retention policies.
- Contribute to the development of systems that facilitate improved award administration.
- Grants and contracts data-entry and data clean-up for internal and external reports.
- Responds to grant data requests and inquiries from internal and external audiences, including preparation of data analysis and generation of reports.
- Oversee grant workflow processes related to data entry to ensure adequate internal controls and oversees quality control of data to ensure accurate and efficient reporting of grants and contracts data.
- Review expenditures with Program Officers on a monthly basis to ensure they are accurately coded.
- Support the administration of grants and contract for all partners in Global located across different offices and countries.
- Conduct pre-award assessments of partners.
- Review partner budgets and subsequent budget modifications to ensure that they are reasonable and in line with workplan and scope of work (SOW).
- Provide guidance on partner agreements and modifications to agreements.
- Review partner financial reports and follow up with partners on any findings.
- Review financial status of partners (burn rates, over and under spending etc) and support the program team in effectively managing partners.
- Conduct desktop reviews and on-site visits to partners to ensure that supporting documentation is compliant, complete, accurate and correctly posted.
- Conduct financial and institutional capacity building trainings with partners.
- Submit requests for payments to partners on a timely manner for and keeps track of partner disbursements in coordination with Program Officers while leveraging the grants and contracts management software.
- Regularly interacts with other regional and country office staff and collaborates with DC and New York office staff as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals. Departmental policy, work plan, and project needs to determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operation
- Successfully close out or renew partners.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 7 years in non-profit administrative support, contract management and grants and sub-grants (partner) management. Experience in international development, preferably in reproductive health or public health, and with exposure to Latin America.
- Masters level degree, or related number of years of experience, in nonprofit financial management, business administration, or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Expert knowledge and proficiency in Google Apps (Documents, Sheets, Calendar, Forms,
- Slides, Drive, Gmail) and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and comfortable learning new technology and software.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Fluxx, SalesForce, Smartsheets and Adaptive is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing online information resources and data tools for information retrieval and data entry.
- Keen attention to detail and proven ability to format, review, proofread and distribute reports, schedules, memos, and other correspondence with the highest levels of accuracy and detail.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Commitment to PPFA’s mission and core values of equity, fairness, and diversity.
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humor. Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues. Knowledge of reproductive health issues, specifically in developing countries, is preferred. Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.